Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Key Card info please

Hi. I saw the post earlier about key cards & wondered if this exsisted for the WM20 that I am in the process of restoring, the frame # is 104610 military reg was 99 YC 75 & according to the plate in the tool box contract # S5209. last o/haul was done 2/54 at SC I am assuming this could be Southern Counties.
Any info will be gratefully received.

TTJohn

email (option): Jomichael@aol.com

Re: Key Card info please

Hi John

Here it is. Sold off on 13.7.59. 72 BVD (Base Vehicle Depot) Castle Donnington?

Photobucket

This site is very interesting

http://british-army-units1945on.co.uk/RAOC.aspx

email (option): robmiller11@yahoo.co.uk

Hi Rob.

Thanks very much for the quick response, the site is very interesting but looking at the key card it looks like MOS dispossal MKH/1/sales/103 then the date. I just wondered if this refered to Mkt Harborough as I used to work there as a lad about 1958-9 and I know that there was loads of stuff that was sold from there. My brother worked on the sales gate at the time and had a Matchless G3L from one of the dealers, as we used to load up a truck or wagon with up to about one dozen old bikes, so he got one free.
If only I knew then, what I know now, Oh Dear.

You could be right, 72 BVD would be the last place the bike was in store and then it would have been taken somewhere else for disposal.

Rob.

email (option): robmiller11@yahoo.co.uk

Rob: Many thanks, this is a must now to get it done.

TTJohn

any blank key cards

roger
any blank key cards

Roger there are loads!! but why do you ask??

Lots of questions lately about the cards, good to see people wanting to know their bikes history!

As most people know, I have the original stacks of cards, also for Norton an Matchless, but they are not digitalized yet.

For a fee, I can email anyone a high resolution scan of the particular card, just drop me a line, the proceeds go towards digitalizing and putting up a database for the Matchies and Nortons, as has been done with the M20 cards.

Good to see another abreviation solved, MKH, Market Harborough!!

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbike.net

i was thinking of naughty people making their own key card not me honest govner

Nieuwe pagina 1