Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
M20 + sidecar?

Dear all,
I have a question for you. My WM20 frame number is 108538 and from an old document I find out it looks like a sidecar unit. Now, in the 90's the italian public register made a new document without considering the sidecar specification. So today is a solo bike? Does anyone knows if it was made and delivered to Italy as solo bike or like a sidecar? is it a 1944 unit? Thanks my friend VD

email (option): vadori@libero.it

Re: M20 + sidecar?

Hi Devis. Only a few hundred M20 sidecar combination were supplied by BSA. Most were issued to the RAF and all would have had sidecar lugs built into the frame.
That is on the front down tube, under the saddle and on the left side by the rear wheel spindle.
Your frame is from contract S5209. 12000 solo's built between Dec43 and Aug45.

Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Just to confirm, the Ordnance receipt card for S5209 states 'Motorcycle, Solo'

Thank you very much. That bike comes out from the ARAR (azienda Rilievo e Alienazione Residuati) "field" in Trieste - Harbor (the city of the famous Illy caffè!). After the war all the WD bikes has been sold to private people. I do not know wich number was printed on the tank or destination (land forces?!). Probably from the contract S5209, you know something more. In any case thanks again for your help. Devis V.

Dear Ron & Rik, jsut a question: where do you find the data concerning the "contracts" as S5209 of my M20? is it a free link? or a private library? Thanks Devis V

Devis as stated in another post. That book on British Forces Motorcycles will probably help you work out your original tank 'C' number. You can probably buy one on the internet.

Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Same contract as my bike & my friends

:-)

Jo'b

email (option): Jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1