Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Exhaust Paint?

I take it from some other posts that I've read that the correct colour for the exhaust is matt silver? Has anyone had any luck with a supplier of heat resistant silver paint?

Glenn

Also when I remember is it possible to buy complete bolt kits for the frame, engine etc? Steel, I'm not fussy.

email (option): glenn_mullan@postmaster.co.uk

Re: Exhaust Paint?

hi glenn,try russell motors battersea they are listing most bolts on their site it might take you a few attempts to get to the correct page,cheers rick ps i think most brush on aluminium paints are heat proof

email (option): richardholt@rocketmail.com

Hi Glen..The original finish for the exhaust system was dull chrome...which looks like silver paint when correctly applied. I've never found a paint that will stay on there for long. A modern solution would be silver ceramic coating if you can find someone to do it.
My own preference is a stainless system with a bead blasted finish. It looks the part and is a permanent solution to rusty exhaust systems...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

There is a POR15 product that should do the job.www.por15.com

email (option): WPGARAGE@XTRA.CO.NZ

ian,,ive just oredered up a stainless exhaust..when it pitches up can i run up and get it blasted ? the local guys only blast with a heavy grit..

email (option): chris.astinbarker@btinternet.com

I had my new exhaust treated with the "Schoop"-system: a hot spray with an aluminium/zinc mix on the sand-blasted steel. No rust, only some decoloration near the head, that could have been prevented by coating the interior with any kind of paint. It seems that during the war, some Nortons had exhausts treated like this, and after the war, the Dutch Arm Triumph 3TA had this as standard.

email (option): viaconsu # planet dot nl

Nieuwe pagina 1