Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
IT'S ALIVE!!

Thought I would share this, after all the help you have all given me! I haven't uploaded a video before - do hopefully this will work.

Bike is idling a bit fast - the slider stop is screwed in a bit too far, was the only way I could get it to run for any length of time. I guess I need to adjust the bleed screw a bit. I'm amazed at how clean it runs, no smoke from the exhaust at all. I've tried to bed in the float needle, seemed to work at first, but after a while it started leaking out of that blasted hole above the union nut again.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Now I just need to get my wheels done!

email (option): Adh325@hotmail.com

Re: IT'S ALIVE!!

That's great Andy. Now that there's life in it, you'll soon be able to pin down carburation etc.

It's worth having a prod at the pilot air bleeds etc.

The best thing to do with the over-fuelling is to take the lid off and watch what's happening. If it is flooding past the float needle then either talk to Martyn Bratby or else shell out for a new production float chamber, float and needle.

I can so clearly remember starting my bike the first time, I just couldn't wait any longer. I had even forgotten to put engine oil it, but mine had wheels.

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Nice Andy! looking through your other pictures, I can see the rebuilt plate, with the postwar British reg. number, 33YD65, under the paint of the plate with the "Lot number" there should be 22YD65.

Just looked this up, and the details confirm all this, it was sold off on the 5th of August 1960, so a quick respray, black as stated in the logbook, and it was sold to the 2nd civy owner! (the first one being the dealer who purchased it from the Army)
And it was first registered on Sept. 1st.

And Your (rebuilt) Census number should be 1443721

Contact me for more details,

Lex Schmidt

email (option): welbike@welbike.net

Alex - this is brilliant info, much appreciated! So do you think my bike started out as 22YD65? It could explain why I found 2 engine and frame numbers! It would be interesting to see if the key cards reflect this?

email (option): Adh325@hotmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1