Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
High-Visibility Clothing

Is it true that Hi-Vis tops are already compulsory for motorcyclist in Ireland ?

There has been a lot of a to-do lately, including a large demo in Paris following the announcement of French government plans to make Hi-Vis clothing compulsory for motorcyclists and also to ban bikes over seven years old from city centres.

As I see it, this could really put the mockers on "200 for seventy" or whatever it's going to be called. Can you imagine a convoy of 200 WD motorcycles all turned out like Christmas trees ? Not only that, we might not be allowed to ride into Bayeux.

Maybe it's time to give the French two fingers again and set the next record attempt on the road up from the Belgian border to Arnhem ?

Re: High-Visibility Clothing

Rik
Is it true that Hi-Vis tops are already compulsory for motorcyclist in Ireland ?

I have never heard this before....and to my knowledge this is not the case..............

Well.....not yet anyway!!!!

Jimmy

The French are talking about banning bikes over 7 years old from city centers, and making hi viz clothing on motorbikes compulsery, but has not happened yet.

email (option): gasboy@btinternet .com

For obvious reasons relating to the 2014 event I would like to know how this situation developes. If anyone sees any hard information regarding up and coming legislation I'd like to hear it. I heard an (unsubstantiated) rumour that the 'Safety Nazis' at the EEC were planning to make Hi Viz compulsory throughout the occupied zone....'You might think your free but your not'...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

If the ban on bikes over 7 years old came in in France or any euro country then use the European Human Rights act to fight it.
If legislation was brought in that discriminated against a minority group it would go against the convention on Human Rights. All vehicles over 7 years old would have to be banned for it to be upheld.
I don't know about France but London Buses would be off the road in large numbers - most are over 7 years old.
Also I think the Euro Zone countries have a lot more on thier minds at the moment

Don't let the baskets grind you down!
Regards
Clive

a lot of tour coaches even though the look good after refurbs and a private registration number would be to

email (option): roger.beck@node6.com

15,000 Motorcyclists rallied in Paris to protest about these new regulations and apparently the French government are reviewing the whole thing...Presumably these protestors represent a small percentage of the riders who aren't happy...Meanwhile in Belgium regulations have come into force requiring motorcyclists to wear long sleeved jackets, boots that cover the ankles etc. etc.
These may be regarded as sensible precautions by many but nevertheless personal risk/safety should be a personal decision made by the individual and not 'managed' by often ill informed and biased EEC beaurocrats.
A4 sized number plates were also a part of the proposed French regulations and it is hard to see of what benefit they would be (other than to the watchful eyes of speed cameras.)
Watch out for proposed legislation along these lines in the UK as our Government exercises its well established anti motorcycle and safety paranoid credentials....and be ready to protest...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

always ready to fight the Euromorons.......

Forewarned is forearmed.

email (option): stinkypete80@hotmail.com

i have had a though training wheels then we wouldnt fall off

email (option): roger.beck@node6.com

Nieuwe pagina 1