Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Matchless G3L Dynamo

Hi, just wondered what the value of a NOS Matchless Dynamo in its original military packing green paper wrapping would be?

email (option): unpob@yahoo.com

Re: Matchless G3L Dynamo

henri
Hi, just wondered what the value of a NOS Matchless Dynamo in its original military packing green paper wrapping would be?

Henri, how many do you want??? No seriously, I only have 2 of them,. but will probably never fit them, as they are terrible to keep the chain adjusted, I call the hole in the engine plates, "Lucas's Hole"

Anyway, mine came from a place in Texas, but that was years ago.

Look what a reconditioned one costs and go from there.

Lex

PS, got the coveralls!

email (option): welbike@welbike.net

Great Lex, just trying to figure out what one of those in its original box would run up to. The recondition ones are already expensive. Got the original spings and clip for the seat. Just keep on going. If you have a chance, do you know the number of threads on the bolt that holds the spings in the G3 Girders? No worries if not.

Thanks!

26 tpi. Photobucket

Much obliged!

Hi Henri..A NOS dynamo may not be as good as it sounds. Deterioration of the shellac on the armature windings and dry grease in the bearings may be an issue. You may still end up working on it.
If there is not much difference in price between the original and a rebuilt unit, personally I would go for the rebuilt one everytime...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Thanks Ian, I will take that into consideration. It helps. I just thought, since the motor is Nos, the Mag Nos, might as well Nos the bike.

Nieuwe pagina 1