Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
headlamp bulb

hi,what(excuse the pun)is the correct headlamp bulb for6v wm20,has anybody got a picture?thanks rick

email (option): richardholt@rocketmail.com

Re: headlamp bulb

somebody must know

Rick
Hang on tight, I am sure one of the forum regulars will give you all the info you need soon --- they are probably away from their PCs at the moment.
I think the inside of my headlamp is pretty original, and I will have a look inside tomorrow, although I havnt masterd the art of uploading photos yet

email (option): gasboy@btinternet .com

According to Draganfly's web site, it's 24/24w to be replaced with a modern equivalent of 36/36w.

email (option): jonny.rudge@verizon.net

What do you mean by 'correct' Rick ? The original bulb was a 24/24w with a 15mm parallel bayonet fitting but you obviously need one that will fit your bulb holder / reflector and that may not be original.

Do you want an original style large glass envelope to look correct when viewed through a 'Difusa' lens or is that not a consideration ?

Paul Goff sells 6v 24/24w halogen lamps fitted into a 15mm bayonet cap. I'm very pleased with the light that it gives but as a rivet counter myself, I am aware that it doesn't look quite original when viewed through the glass.

I wouldn't fit a 36w unless the dynamo had been replaced with a later long one.

hi this is why i was askingBulbs: Head lamps 36 watt, 6 volt single contact
Bulbs: Head lamps 36 watt, 6 volt single contact

hi this is why i was asking Bulbs: Head lamps 36 watt, 6 volt single contact
Bulbs: Head lamps 36 watt, 6 volt single contact if you copy and paste this will take you to a website its an alladins cave but thy dont do m20 parts cheers rick

A single filament bulb is not a motorcycle headlamp item (unless from something really obscure like an OEC with twin lamps or something.

Their tools are good value and the soldering paste is cheaper than the collectors pay for empty tins !

hi rik, rick,the reason i asked was because williamsons do a lot of ex wd stuff and i also thought i had read somewhere that wartime m20s didnt need a dipped headlight because a blackout mask was fitted,only trying to share anything useful with the site members cheers rick

Still got some double fillment opposite pins, 6 volt 24watt 24 watt double contact,these bulbs are in original wd packaging, war time dated, some with the crows foot on the glass or brass section, in boxes of six I think, any one interested pp off line , yes I will post a few pics shortly for the rivet counters, when I work out how to do it !! andrew.h.

email (option): warbikes@gmail.com

Strangely, although the dip switch was removed from 1941 onwards, the twin filament bulbs remained in use as a 'spare' Perhaps vibration damage was such a problem that it was necessary.

I'd guess that for those running with a daytime MOT and a mask, a single filament would be useable but presumably the full MOT wants to see dip and main working ?

Nieuwe pagina 1