Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
here comes another one

hi all,another one to empty your wallet 180684318937
going off the last one at £273.00 this should top £350.00 ,wont be mine regretfully rick

email (option): richardholt@rocketmail.com

Re: here comes another one

Interestingly, it's got a painted, unplated 'bevelled' bezel and the dial that I tend to regard as post-war.

It's quite probable that NOS items as vulnerable as this are actually post-war stock.

TRW?..the Canadians had lots of those...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

ive put a bid on to get ball rolling

TRW would possibly be right.
Doesn't look WW2.
Interesting feedback for the seller as well

I have a NOS WD chronometric, must have a look for it and check the numbers. It is true Nicholson Brothers in Calgary, Alberta Canada had a large stock of these at one distant point in the past and sold them off quite cheap , I have an old catalog from the 70's, must check on the price..
I bought mine from a local guy who bought several from Nicholson Brothers, for various projects. They still have a small seal disc pressed into the bezel/case joint to prevent tampering.
Vincent

email (option): bsa3man@rocketmail.com

The Canadian forces were still disposing of TRW stock up till a few years ago. I sent a pair of pannier bags to an American who bought a crated NOS TRW at a government sale around 3-4 years ago.
Due to the number of wartime bikes still in hand the British only usede around 2,500 of the 45,000 TRWs made...most went to equip the forces of various overseas governments...Ian

Hi,
Interestingly - (although my wife would claim I was playing fast and loose with the term 'interestingly') Pride and Clarks were knocking out ex wd TRW's at the same time they were still useing BSA M20's. I have an advert from the early 1960's with TRW's, M20's and G3L Matchless' all being disposed of at the same time via P & C's. The only difference is the TRW's were more expensive.
Regards
Clive

My understanding was that when concieved the TRW was intended to be the 'standard' bike for the miltary.
It seems however, that post war economy measures, the large number of Wartime bikes in hand(many still new) and the usual beurocratic indecision scuppered that idea at an early stage.
The TRW is relatively refined with its very smooth twin cylinder engine and alternator lighting (very easily converted to 12 volts).
Sadly, along with the BSA GB40 it is still not very sought after, (I imagine as a result of the focus on wartime machinery.)
Many have been broken up as 'donor' machines to make replica Triumph Trophies and the GB40 has suffered a similar fate as it is an ideal basis for a trials bike. (being fitted as standard with trials ratios, the 'competition' type big end and frame).
Sad really if you are a military bike enthusiast... ....Ian

hi ,i didnt get it, sold for £246-00

Nieuwe pagina 1