Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
speedo

The WD Speedo on e bay fetched £246...Judging by recent prices I wouldn't like to build an M20 from parts.. ..there'd be nothing left! ...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Re: speedo

The last WD speedo i pulled apart disintegrated into bits because the main body was made out of melted down pots and pans! So watch out, i would rather buy a later or earlier version and just replace the face.The speedo i speak of was in excellent visual condition. I used the mechanism and transferred it onto another body.

When I first saw those items, I wondered if a bike was really worth more in bits. It looks as if I was wrong.

The plus side to breaking bikes is that it might help five or six better ones re-appear but the scary part is that theft for dismantling must be a real risk again.

I didn't exactly build my Norton from parts but it needed a lot. It was just possible five or six years ago but I agree that it no longer is.

What's happening to our hobby chaps ?

That same seller has sold some other expensive items. Including that sidecar chassis. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

she is selling 90% of the bike i am keeping a tally of how much it all makes do you thing it is a divorce settlement

email (option): roger.beck@node6.com

Nieuwe pagina 1