Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Problem Kickstarter

Dear Friends,

I'm helping a friend with his M20. The problem is that his kickstarter gets jammed in the compression part. His bike builds a lot of compression up and than the kickstarter gets jammed. Even with the decompressing handle in, it wil not get unjammed! I've checked the valve space, cluch space and the egnition but that is all ok! Dont know where to search for the solution anymore. Hope that someone can help us!!

Thanks!!!!!!!!!

Bjorn en Peter

email (option): bnuchelmans@home.nl

Re: Problem Kickstarter

Sounds like the kick starter is jamming in the gearbox. I would check play in the bushes and kickstarter gear meshing etc

I also would open the right-hand side of the gear to check, like Terry suggested,
But before, ban the motor turn over when you push the bike in, say 2nd or 3rd gear? with half comp' pushed or not?
Bay be there is something on the piston top,
inside the cylinder which prevents it from getting and passing the TDC?

Noam.

email (option): Zehavi

Don't worry about it, all british bikes have a little fit like that!It's just the quadrant teeth getting mixed up!

what noam was saying if something is stopping it going over TDC check you have the right plug in it ie it isnt to long and the timing bolt right in top of the cylinder head is not to long as well

email (option): roger.beck@node6.com

Roger the spark plug is above the valves, not the piston. I doubt even a long reach plug could reach the valves. Likewise the timing bolt would have to be very long to stop the piston reaching TDC. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

hi have you checked if your knee is up to the job only joking cheers rick

email (option): richardholt@rocketmail.com

Thanks for al the help!!! i will sent it to Peter so that he can use it!!

MAny thanks!!!!!

email (option): bnuchelmans@home.nl

Nieuwe pagina 1