Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Re: Roy Bacon

I'm trying to contact Roy Bacon. He's not reachable at his old PO Box address at Ventnor on the Isle of Wight. The local post office tells me that he's still on the island, but has moved. His telephone is dead.

Roy is getting on a bit, and we know he's been slowing down in recent years. But does anyone out there know if he's still in business? If so, please drop me a line. Thanks.

(For anyone who doesn't know Roy, he's a UK DVLA-approved classic bike dating expert and offers dating certificates for registration purposes).

email (option): dannydefazio@sumpmagazine.com

Hey Danny, I've emailed his phone number to you.
Cheers, Mick.

email (option): mick@motorbikemike.org.uk

Hello Mick, thanks for that. But that's the old number. I've already tried, and it's dead.

Try the new one I've just sent.
Cheers, Mick.

Mick, Thanks for that. This number is, at least, ringing. No answer yet, but I'll keep trying. Much appreciated.

Hi Mick,

If you can send it to me it will be great! I have 2 bikes without paperwork
If possible email address??

Regards,

Bram

email (option): bram@ockhuizen.com

Hi Bram, I can't speak for Mick, but I think the number for Roy Bacon isn't for general circulation. Roy is getting on a bit and prefers to work by mail. If I get a mailing address for him, I'll happily post-it. But if he doesn't have a mailing address/PO Box anymore, then he's out of business.

I would prefer not to publicise the number myself, just incase someone gets upset.
Cheers, Mick.

Bram, the UK has a rather peculiar system of approved dating experts accepted by the licensing authorities there. The word of these independent experts would not carry any particular weight with overseas authorities.

You would probably be better off arranging proof of age through a one-make owners club or the VMCC who hold most of the factory records.

I have heard that Roy Bacon has been rejected by DVLA for being to easy. Not sure if it's true though. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

could you email me his number to please as i have a nice 1958 tribsa and struggling charlie

email (option): cbassoc2001@hotmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1