Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Engine oil - specifications

Dear all, I am working on my M20. I am near to close all the open points (...new magneto - "new gearbox"..) and due to the fact that I have the bike in the garage, why do not change the engine oil? which kind of oil do you suggest me? I am not in sicily but also here (Venice) is very hot in the summer time. Thanks to all of you, Devis V

email (option): vadori@libero.it

Re: Engine oil - specifications

i use a 50 weight oil ie castrol gp 50 which i think would be ok for hot areas there is 40 weight oil which will be a bit thinner sae 50 single viscosity

email (option): roger.beck@node6.com

Thanks for the info, out from the office I will go to buy it....and run, run run with my M20. Too much time in the garege this year !! Ciao ciao DV

Hi, CASTROL GP50 is very dificult to find in the market....I will try for something similar. Thanks again VD

Try other approved makes for mono grade 50, such as Silkolene or Morris's. Maybe a google search for a stockist. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Really difficult to find out oil 50 monograde - mineral type. Anyone is using modern oil? experience with sinthetic oils? Thanks VD

Hi Devis..Synthetics are not really suitable for an M20. It will run fine on a multigrade though. 20/50 is suitable...but not 15/40 or 10/40...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Motul do an SAE 50 which seems to be available in italy :-

http://www.motorama.it/en/classic-oil-sae-50-minerale-P4266.htm

Agip have an SAE 40 in their range.

The best bet might be to ask the local bevel Ducati enthusiasts which brand they use. The early v-twins have a reputation for trashing oils and no sensible owner puts rubbish in them.

I've never met any sensible Ducati owners! They have to be doing at least 100mph before their minds start to clear... ...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Nieuwe pagina 1