Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Original carby bowls on WDM20

Early AMAL records show two carbs fitted to M20 during 1939-45 common one being 276C/1B the 1B bowl having a horizontal elbow with nut underneath. The other one is 276L/1E this 1E bowl had no elbow on it and the petrol came up vertical, I have recently bought a number of complete new old stock 1E bowls that were left in India after the war that have the original copper floats. I have looked at lots of pictures of WDM20 bikes and have not found any with the 1E bowl yet.Does any one on the forum have a carby with the 1E bowl, they have a longer arm on the bowl and as stated no horizontal elbow. Also interested in why they used the longer arm, less heat from engine? Regards John in Australia

email (option): ukcarbs@hotmail.com

Re: Original carby bowls on WDM20

John, may be off on this one, but I believe the longer arm bowl, was used to orient the bowl to the right of the carb, and still be able to adjust the idle and air screws.

email (option): unpob@yahoo.com

Wasn't the long-arm bowl something that England tried on Bradman before they developed Bodyline bowling...? or have I got it wrong again ?

Are we talking about a bowl with a straight vertical union rather than a banjo fitting ?

I´m actually having some troubles with my amal.
I palced the bowl on the right of the body and i´m feeling that when the engine goes hoter the carb starts to run badly. Is that posible ?
My amal have the short arm. I made a suplement to take the body away from the cilynder but still hapends.
Wich carb should i look for ? I thought that the m20 did all came with long Arm carb. Is that correct ?

Rik, yes the 1E bowl has a longer arm and the petrol feed is through a ferrule and nut vertically and no banjo used. John

email (option): ukcarbs@hotmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1