Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Normandy

Got home from Normandy today after another enjoyable tour. The weather was good apart from a slight blip in the middle and the M20 was 100% reliable as per normal.
It was a pleasure to meet up with the 'old hands' and I also met a few 'new faces'.
Also booked the field for the 70th...nothing like planning ahead..and got the ball rolling with our official 'invitation' to Arromanches for 2014.
The 'Don Fife' ceremony was a highlight after all the work done by Hans..we had trouble keeping up with him on the way to the museum.
It was also good to see Rob VdB back on the Norton after his recent troubles....
We had 27 bikes in Arromanches on D Day...a good turnout for an 'in between year' and I was suitably envious of John Tinleys Matchless Model X...very nice.
The French cake shops were attacked with vigour on a number of occassions...it's a tough job but someone has to do it...all in all another good tour..Ian

Re: Normandy......70 for 70 ?

Hi Ian Looks like you and the guys had an emotional and productive tour this year! Sorry we could not make it this time.You have booked the site for the 70th......Does this mean you have voluntered your self as OIC again ...? If so... put me and Maz on the list !!
Regards Andy B

Hi Andy...Yes I have volunteered again..seems like it is worth the effort. The list will open in the spring of 2013...at the moment it is just preliminary planning etc...
The target is 200 bikes this time..tour name yet to be decided!...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Subject name of tour
ALL that went to war on two wheels
ian 200 bikes no problem
john

email (option): john@fieldandrurallife.com

Re: Normandy

Hi Ian,

Nice to hear you got home safe.
It was a pleasure meeting the new and old friends in Normandy.
Would like to thank everybody for making the stay pleasant.(and Henk, Rob and Ron for listening to my story)

Will be there in 2014 and as promissed..on my 1943 M20...which is now laying around in many places in my house.

Will contact you for the missing parts.

Greetings from Martien van Wijngaarden
(M20 & G3L)

email (option): bsam20wd@live.nl

Nieuwe pagina 1