Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The forum is working again, but.........

Bravenet changed their contract rules and with the contract I have with them now I can store a maximum of 10.000 posts. As the number of posts was at about 39.000 posts they blocked the forum.

Unfortunately to get the forum back to work again I had to removed all posts over 10.000.

To bad this had to be done as lots of information is lost now.

Henk.

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Re: The forum is working again, but.........

Henk, Would you be able to change the contract to one that holds more posts? If that costs more money, I'd be willing to help.

cheers, Scott

Hi,
I think that would be a good idea as well.
We all get a lot of pleasure out of the site and I am sure if we all chipped in it would work out a small amount each between us all.
Regards
Clive

email (option): cliveandjo@lineone.net

Hi Scott and Clive,

That's indeed the problem, it will cost 40 US dollars a year extra to get up to 200.000 posts, making it about 80 US dollars a year. But what will happen when these 200.000 posts are all used, yet more extra money I guess. As far as I understood when I started paying for this forum was that all post would be kept for as long as I kept the forum going, but that proved not to be so unfortunately.

Rob vd Brink (www.wdnorton.nl) had the same problem with his Norton forum, Rob has a free forum that will only get you 1000 posts and his number of posts was up to 1700 when they shut him down. Rob is also busy removing posts from his forum to get below 1000 posts

Henk

Happy to chip in for sure if a paypal account gets setup or something. This forum saves me lots of $ and time in repairs!!!

Craig

I'd be happy to chip in some money too

email (option): davmax@ntlworld.com

It's a shame to lose lots of useful information. Maybe just delete the "non useful" topics, but that would take a lot of time sorting them out

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

Hi Henk,
Well I for one would be happy, as I said, to chip in a bit to help out.
Is there any way that old posts can be saved in an archive?
I only ask as I am about as computer literate as a woodlouse so do not know what work would be involved!
Obviously I do not want to put anybody to any extra work.
Regards
Clive

email (option): cliveandjo@lineone.net

I'm happy to make a contribution as well...Ian

I am also willing to contribute if need be..Thanks for a great site Henk.

I'd be prepared to contribute to anything that would get the forum away from the cnuts at Braveheart or Bravenet or whatever they're called. Their forums have more poisonous pop-ups and pop-unders than the rest of the net put together.

Altogether Now...F*ck off Bravenet

HI all
As I will be asking a lot of stupid questions over the next few months I would be glad to contribute to a great forum.
Great seeing you in Normandy

Mike H

email (option): michael.stewart@homecall.co.uk

hi henk is there a posibility the information could be saved on say dvd format then these could be offered to people who need to trawl through back issues for a couple of quid say the revenue raised could go towards the site fees and every body is happy ill chip in with the others keep up the good work cheers rick

email (option): richard holt@rocketmail.com

Hi Henk,

It seems that the general feeling of those that regularly visit the forum is that the forum is important enough that most of us would be willing to contribute money to it. If you set up a Paypal account I would happily contribute. The information that I've obtained from this site has been critical to being able to restore my bike. I couldn't have done it without this site!

Best regards,
James

I also would like to see the site carry on count me in.
Nice to meet up again in Normandy.

Henk, I've donated to 'Henk's Computer Dating Service' (but it would've been easier if you'd gone round with the cap last week !)

On the question of service though, you only seem to be fixing me up with ugly blokes (but some great story-tellers )

If the appeal is successful, might this not be a good time to consider a move to a 'proper' forum with sub headings such as vbulletin ? Personally, I'd find it handy to be able to post things like markings where I could find them again and be much more liable to start threads as any thread which isn't 'hot' disappears very quickly on the message board format.

I know that there was talk from others some time ago of linking from other WD motorcycle sites with one central forum. I would regard that as a positive move.

I have also made a donation. But there is something not right at the moment. I loose my name and email option each time and the posts I read don't go green??

Ron

I have made a donation button in the top left corner of the forum page. Even the smallest donation would be greatly appriciated. I'll keep you posted on the total amount donated.

Thank you all very much.

Henk

Henk WM21 2415
I have made a donation button in the top left corner of the forum page. Even the smallest donation would be greatly appriciated. I'll keep you posted on the total amount donated.

Thank you all very much.

Henk
Even Though the Forum is a bit Eurocentric (this is not a Criticism but more an Observation) We could not do without come on guys get your hand in the pocket an keep the Forum going the information supplied on it is Priceless

email (option): grumpy.moran@gmail.com

Ron, yes bud we must pay in euro's! and there is a selection button in the paypal
site so don't worry.

regards,

Bram

email (option): bram@ockhuizen.com

Hi Henk,

I have made a donation into your Paypal account. Thank you for this site!!

didnt they give you any warning to allow you to update the forum

email (option): roger.beck@node6.com

No they didn't, I found out after a member tried to make a posting on the website and emailed me about the fact that it didn't work anymore. These guy at bravenet are impossible to reach when anything is wrong or what ever.

Henk.

Donation sent to Henks dating service, will I get a blonde one?

email (option): davmax@ntlworld.com

I think Ron opted for the blond one already.

Henk, I made a donation into your PayPal account.
This site is important for me!
Regards, Lammert

Thanks Lammert, very much appreciated.

Henk

Re: The forum is working again, but..Henk: any possibility . . .

Henk: any possibility of having a paypal page in English so those of us who don't speak Dutch won't have to guess what info is needed? I've never used paypal so guessing won't work. Alternatively, if you supply a postal address I can send you a check (yes, some of the troglodytes among you still have checking accounts!).

email (option): jonny.rudge@verizon.net

Re: The forum is working again, but..Henk: any possibility . . .

Hi John,

I use my ahum@quicknet.nl address for my paypal account, when you use your English account it should be easy to follow directions there.

Thanks very much,
Henk.

Rik
Henk, I've donated to 'Henk's Computer Dating Service' (but it would've been easier if you'd gone round with the cap last week !)

On the question of service though, you only seem to be fixing me up with ugly blokes (but some great story-tellers )

If the appeal is successful, might this not be a good time to consider a move to a 'proper' forum with sub headings such as vbulletin ? Personally, I'd find it handy to be able to post things like markings where I could find them again and be much more liable to start threads as any thread which isn't 'hot' disappears very quickly on the message board format.

I know that there was talk from others some time ago of linking from other WD motorcycle sites with one central forum. I would regard that as a positive move.

I totally agree with Rik on this. It's very hard to find answers to questions that have been asked time and time again. They need to be put into catagories like most forums are set up

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

Nieuwe pagina 1