Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Clutch sprocket / basket

Following the nerve racking process of re-assembling the clutch, I fitted back onto the bike and tightened the small nut that holds it on the gearbox spindle. I noticed that the clutch sleeve is solid, as you would expect given it's pushed onto a taper... But there seems to be a little play from the clutch basket / sprocket... Is this normal?

email (option): Adh325@hotmail.com

Re: Clutch sprocket / basket

There is usually a slight amount of play in the 1/4" rollers race. Even brand new there will be some slight movement. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Thanks Ron, that's a relief, the prospect of having to take the clutch apart again makes me break out in a cold sweat!!

email (option): Adh325@hotmail.com

Andy have a look at the thread on April 25th 'M20 CLUTCH COMPRESSOR TOOL' It might help if you have to take your clutch apart in the future. Also Hans has put some help on the Technical page. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

are they 1/4" rollers and not MM ones as the MM are just slightly smaller what i dread is taking all those screws out every time you want to do something to the clutch i found with the 8 plates in i could not select 1st gear even though as much of it is NOS so i am running 7 at the moment its realy smooth i hope it lasts

email (option): roger.beck@node6.com

Nieuwe pagina 1