Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Repro Norton Pannier lower brackets for sale

Had a couple made, as I needed a set myself, lasercut, from a drawing by Rob v/d Brink (slightly adapted as not 100% accurate)

Will bring to Normandy.

Price 22 euro's for set of 4, you'll have to do your own bending!!

Just fitted the first set:

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbike.net

Re: Repro Norton Pannier lower brackets for sale

Lex, at the risk of being branded a rivet-counter, that looks 'orribley like a UNF fastener holding the strut onto the mudguard. It certainly never saw Bracebridge Street !

Tell that man to mount his cvc box above the toolbox where he can't service it without removing the toolbox first, while you're at it!

Rik
Lex, at the risk of being branded a rivet-counter, that looks 'orribley like a UNF fastener holding the strut onto the mudguard. It certainly never saw Bracebridge Street !

Tell that man to mount his cvc box above the toolbox where he can't service it without removing the toolbox first, while you're at it!

Haha, it's worse, you'd probably never guessed it, but it's metric M7, used on a lot of french cars, couldn't find anything better quick.

And I can tell him to move the regulator, and it's still on the list, but I have to do the work here, so after Normandy probably, then it needs connecting up too.

Lex

ps, thanks for not mentioning anything about the bending

M7 ? I only know that as an absolute bastard to find helicoils for in the UK (Morini used it for the rocker trunion studs, tapped direct into the head).

I could see that the bolt head was too large but I couldn't read it.

What bending ?

Lex, that regulator is also on the left on my cutaway Norton, where did you get this Norton? My cutaway was initially in North Afrika....

email (option): unpob@yahoo.com

Rik
M7 ? I only know that as an absolute bastard to find helicoils for in the UK (Morini used it for the rocker trunion studs, tapped direct into the head).

I could see that the bolt head was too large but I couldn't read it.

What bending ?

The head bolt size is actually a fraction smaller!!! it's 11mm as to a 1/4 bolt hex size is 10.8mm. but the other side has a nice Bracebridge domed head for compensation.

If you look really close, there is some M6 used too, which has to be changed in due course.

Lex

henri
Lex, that regulator is also on the left on my cutaway Norton, where did you get this Norton? My cutaway was initially in North Afrika....

Henri, I have noticed this on quite some wartime pictures too, probably an unofficial field mod.??
Certainly is a lot more accesible!!

This Norton came from Greece, not too far from Egypt!!

Lex

Nieuwe pagina 1