Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Solo saddle

Hi there, I ordered this solo saddle from a popular online supplier, but the front bracket doesn't seem long enough to reach the fixing bolt behind the fuel tank.

Am I missing a part - or have I been sent the wrong saddle?!

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

email (option): Adh325@hotmail.com

Re: Solo saddle

Those holes visible under the cover at the front end are meant for fixing plates to, that then bridge that gap to the fixing stud on the frame.

Have a look at Draganfly page
http://www.draganfly.co.uk/shop/pi698512250.htm?categoryId=779
Not a very good picture but yiou will get the idea.

Cheers
Pete

email (option): petercomley@web.de

Should these plates have come with the saddle do you think?

I went to measure for you that strip on my bike, but I have to take the tank off, and that's a bit too much work for me before Normandy. Can it wait till after that, or perhaps somebody else can help?

email (option): viaconsu "at" planet "dot" nl

They did with the originals but don't generally with pattern ones. The plates are about 3/16" thick and one of the front holes (where it attaches to the frame) is tapped 5/16" cycle, the other is clearance on 5/16". A bolt and locknut are fitted. The other end is just bolted to the saddle frame....Ian

And wire up your tank bolts.

the plates are 3" long, 1 1/4 " across by ( as ian said )3/16 " thick.
i know this cos i measured ians a couple of years ago when i had the same problem

Thanks for the replies - I'm assuming the brackets would just need to the straight...they don't need an offset or anything? Or is it just trail and error?!!

Nieuwe pagina 1