Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Matchless G3L speedo drive

Would anyone have a rear speedo drive for a G3L Matchless. I think mine is the wrong rotation and might be for a BSA. Did they have clockwise and anti-clock speedo drives? Cheers John

email (option): Tinley@btinternet.com

Re: Matchless G3L speedo drive

I'm surprised you have a nearside drive one for beezas as they are a bit rarer than the normal offside drives. I think you should get a good reaction here for a swap!

John if you turn the drive dogs in the rotation of the wheel. The out put slot should be going clockwise as you look at it. As Douglas said, you can see a matchless drive units everywhere. Not so an M20 though.
So Matchless Anti clock in, and clockwise out!
M20 clockwise in, and clockwise out.

Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Many thanks Ron. I didn't know that. I clearly have the wrong one and would be happy to swap with anyone who wants a anti-clock one. Cheers John

Hi John..I have just sent one to America by mistake ...I had too many drives on the bench at the same time!..I wasn't going to bother getting the drive back but as the guy in the states wants an M20 one (which I meant to send him!) I'm sure he would be interested in an exchange...You give him yours, he sends you mine...I'm not bothered about recovering any money for the Matchless one...contact Joe Rosson, you will find his e mail address on previous posts ...Ian

I will be happy to exchange the Matchless drive for the M20 one. Just e-mail me and we can set it up.

email (option): jrosson86@att.net

Joe, that would be good but will need to be in a couple of weeks. I'm in Antigua at the moment and then fly back to England for 3days before going to Normandy. However, there is a large volcano in Iceland which may have other plans for me. Cheers John

No big hurry John, we can arrange it when you have some time.

email (option): jrosson86@att.net

There is a G3L speedo drive for sale on MILWEB in the bike parts section for £35.00.

Well I have at least one spare here. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Nieuwe pagina 1