Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Off Topic : Anyone going to the TT ?

I know it's trhe same week as Normandy so i suspect not but is anyone else going to the TT this year ?

Clive and I will be there for race week (4-11 June) on modern machinery....
Would be great to meet up with anyone from the forum if going.

Hope you all have a great time in France , sorry not to be going but VERY EXCITED about the TT !!!

email (option): jennycook163@hotmail.com

Re: Off Topic : Anyone going to the TT ?

I am sure will have lots of fun there too

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Just you and Clive by the looks of it Jenny, still have a great time and enjoy the kippers!

The rest of us will just have to make do with French bread, Brie, Camembert, Tartelette de Frais's, Calvados, Normandy Cider, Wine, Pain au Chocolat, Croissant ,ect, ect Rob.

email (option): robmiller11@yahoo.co.uk

Oh Rob, that surely can't compare with a pint of Casteletown and a kipper ?

Jen, have you 'done' the TT before ? It is an awesome experience the first time. Standing in front of a pub as a motorcycle passes six feet away at something approaching take-off speed for a jet fighter !

You should take the WD bike though as there's lots of off-roading on the Manx green lanes and you can get around far easier on an off-roader (and no temptation to play silly b*ggers on Mad Sunday either).

And 'religious' cakes...it doesn't come much more OTT than those...the Normans know how to do cakes! (and seafood)(and gallettes/crepes)...It kind of makes upfor the fact they serve most meat raw, can't make proper biscuits, don't understand what bacon is and are still trying to get the crappers right..Love the place though despite that...Ian

Yes, Enjoy Jenny! I went for the first time August 2009, when the vintage racing was going on, when not raining!! you can race on the beach too with a WD bike:

Or get lost in the fog without lights:

Could you see if the replica George Formby bike, cannot think of the name right now is still there in the harbour of port Erin, and take a picture of it please? was raining too much when I saw it.

I thoroughly enjoyed the week I was there!!

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbike.net

Lex. Do you mean the "George Shuttleworth Speed Demon"
from the film "No Limits".....Anything to stop him playing that bleeding ukulele. Ron

Photobucket

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Ron Pier
Lex. Do you mean the "George Shuttleworth Speed Demon"
from the film "No Limits".....Anything to stop him playing that bleeding ukulele. Ron

Yes! that's the one, thanks Ron.

I did mention it rains there sometimes, but don't be put off by it, there's loads of pubs!

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbike.net

Wasn't the bike called the 'Shuttleworth Snap'?...Ian

Well I see the replica every year at Goodwood, and I had a feeling it was called the 'Shuttleworth Flyer' But according to the pictures from the film, it was as I stated? Unless of course it changed during the film. I've never watched the film...... He just never did it for me Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

It ended up at the bottom of a cliff in the film..

Thanks All - we are TT virgins so VERY excited......

Bit too far to the ferry on the WD bikes - 300 miles !!!

Enjoy France ..... Ron / Ian have a tart for me !!!

email (option): jennycook163@hotmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1