Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
head painting trouble

HI,

I am trying to strip off an old (bad) paint job on a piston head and then repaint with engine flat black. However the horizontal fins on the head are very hard to get in between and remove the paint even with a paint stripper. Any suggestions?

email (option): jeff@infinitymedspa.com

Re: head painting trouble

Grit blasting; one of the better pieces of equipment in (better outside) your workshop. I made a grit blaster myself from a 4'x 8' sheet of cheap plywood. Will accommodate even the M20 rear frame

email (option): viaconsu # planet dot nl

I agree with Hans. Take it to your local grit blast firm. But I have never found anything that stays on the head for long. I just repaint mine every so often with 'Pot Black' Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Mine is always covered is some strange brown substance

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Does it make you feel good when you breath in the smoke? ...Ian

Grit blast, and then, over here we have a company called "Jet Hot" which does manifolds etc... I wonder how that would hold up. Manifolds get pretty darn warm.

I did my MGA exhaust manifold years ago, and it still looks great.

email (option): britool51@hotmail.com

What did you put on it? I've never found anything that will stay on a manifold for long.

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

Robb used Jet Hot.

http://www.jet-hot.com/

Jet Hot makes there own coatings. Pretty standard in the US. Lots of manifolds with jet hot. Stuff really works well. Ive never seen the stuff come off.

email (option): micran1234@yahoo.com

Nieuwe pagina 1