Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I need to be like Ron

I am trying to get 4 bikes ready for Normandy and have taken on far too much. I'm also now back working 5 days a week in London so only have evenings and weekends. My Big 4 Norton outfit needed some TLC, you are already aware of the troubles with my Model X Matchless outfit. I have also been trying to build a new G3L but have now passed the task on to Mike Wilkins. That just left me to sort out my old RAF Norton 16h. All was going swimmingly well until today when I forgot to turn on the tap in the oil line. On the positive side it did about 5 miles before it came to a halt. The piston is totally US but the big end seemsto be OK. I need to retire and be more like Ron. Cheers, John

email (option): tinley@btinternet.com

Re: I need to be like Ron

Hi John..if you fit a tap in the oil line you WILL forget it one day. It's best to incorporate a switch that earths the mag when you turn it off, then you can't start unless you have turned it on...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Hi John, try not to be too like Ron Rob.

email (option): robmiller@yahoo.co.uk

John if you think nothing goes wrong for me, you are mistaken.... But I feel for you! Let me make your life easier by offering you ten grand for the lot Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

I have followed all the advice about how to stop WM20s wet sumping, but mine still does it after a few weeks without running, so I have resorted to putting a tap in the oil feed to the engine. I hate myself for resorting to such a dodgy "fix", but I am fed up of the engine wet sumping and flooding the clutch, and filling the road full of smoke when I start it.
I only ever shut the tap when the bike is going to be left for a long time (over a week). When I do shut it I fix a reminder on the front of bike that is obvious to see when I get on the bike.
So far-- its so good-- the reminder always works and the clutch is ok.

email (option): gasboy@btinternet .com

Peter, be scared be very very scared. John

email (option): tinley@btinternet.com

Nieuwe pagina 1