Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Smiths Speedo Spare Part

Hi all, i am wondering if anybody possibly have this part (se pic) or perhaps know where to find one if at all possible. My four leaf spring is a three leaf spring! The lower is missing. My needle moves alot back and forth, perhaps is this the answer to that problem.
There are not a lot of jumbles here with chances of finding a broken speedo for spares.

Photobucket

Best regards,
Jerry Carlsson
Gothenburg
Sweden

email (option): jerry.carlsson@sspa.se

Re: Smiths Speedo Spare Part

Unfortunately this is one of the common reasons for chrono's failing.You will have to have a very steady hand to replace the tiny screws that hold it on.If you're desperate you could look for a damaged Bantam C shaped one which uses the same spring.I don't have any left out of all my spares. Give one of the reco boys a ring, they must have someone making them.Tell me if you find a supplier, and be careful doing up those tiny screws they break easily and then the chassis is useless! Tell me how i know!

Nice Illustration. Where did that originate?

I'd like a copy of the book if possible.

email (option): britool51@hotmail.com

Robb, the article is listed under Technical Info, "Chronometric Speedometer Repair", furnished by Ian Wright.

email (option): jrosson86@att.net

Thanks for the tips, will be careful with the small screw, i'll se if i can find one somehow, or perhaps fix the old one, or see if there is a possability to make some new ones. I'll let you know how it goes.
/Jerry

email (option): jerry.carlsson@sspa.se

Nieuwe pagina 1