Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
WD Marked Tyres

I was having a bit of a clearout and came across a pair of WD marked tyres that were originally on my Matchless G3L that I had removed during the rebuild.

They are pretty good condition with good tread and marked up as WD but I think the numbers to the right of the WD relate to the maufacturing date - 1964.
Was the WD mark still in use in 1964? I imagine these could have been fitted whilst the bike was still in service as I know it was not released until the 60s. Either that or a previous owner picked them up as surplus stock?
I was thinking of selling them but not sure if they would attract much interest? If only they were stamped 1944!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Re: WD Marked Tyres

Yes Tim there was a recent thread about these post war WD tyres. The number that is stenciled on, is infact the NATO stock number. Someone offered my a pair like yours last week. He wanted me to buy him a pair of modern Mitas or Chen Shing in return...But I declined! I fear they might be a bit hard for modern use. As you say a war time date might have inspired me for a museum exibited. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Nieuwe pagina 1