Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dip switches again...

Bought this dip switch after reading a recent thread, Lucas part number 380521. Does anyone know what models used this switch?

Photobucket

Rik and Mick suggested that I should use dip switch part no. 31482

Photobucket

Anyone who has one for sale or wants to trade it for mine please email me!
Only interested in original switch!

email (option): ferrarakias@hotmail.com

Re: Dip switches again...

Hi Kostas, will trawl the Lucas book on Monday, but that switch looks like a 31278 to me.
Cheers, Mick.

email (option): mick@motorbikemike.org.uk

I have this switch but the box has a different number, is this not the original box or is the switch different?

Henk

Lucas switch 380057

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Henk. I think what you have there is a 31482. Absolutely useless for your needs......Do you want to sell it to me? Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

It seems you are pretty knowledgeable about my needs Ron.

What was this 31482 used for? So the box is probably not the original one? I have it for years and years already planning to use it on my 2cv.

Henk

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

It's all a bit confusing Henk. If you google 'Lucas 31482' it comes up with the switch Kostas just bought which is for post war Tiger Cubs and the like.
31482 is also the number for the pre war switch you have. So it looks like Lucas used the same number even though they altered the toggle switch.
According to war time pictures, the one you have looks correct for an early war 16H and probably others. If it's for 1" bars I'd like to arm wrestle Kostas for it. It would be completely waisted on Noddy's car though Ron

Hi,

Ron, look closely at the pictures of the India Office C11 and you will see that the switch radius does not fit the handlebars properly.

Regards.

Ron Pier
Henk. I think what you have there is a 31482. Absolutely useless for your needs......Do you want to sell it to me? Ron

Ron,
Behave yourself!
Kostas

email (option): Ferrarakias@hotmail.com

This is the picture Peter is talking about. Could it be that the rubber insulator is making it look like a gap at the handlebar?? Ron

Photobucket

Nieuwe pagina 1