Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
added my oil tank today. c**k up again

I assume I have the wrong mounting plate as the oil tank fouls the frame on the rear frame section.
I think this mount plate must be from a plunger or something, BTW, are those spacers for the mounting needed? (ignore the dodgy bolt pick n mix, its temporary)

email (option): hutman80@hotmail.com

Re: added my oil tank today. c**k up again

Well the oil tank is a later one as it has the hole for the speed drive - the WM20 mounting bracket is flat - not 100% visible in this picture but you get the idea. There is an almost correct dimension drawing on this website in the downloads section (I forgot to include the thickness that I think is 1/8").

You will also need some spacers (3) that move the oil tank to the right a little.

These are photos that I had on the computer - I can go and take some on my 'in progress' M20 if you need more.
The one thing that I haven't included in these photos is the bracket on the front of the rear guard - that adds another slight spacing for the two rear oil tank mounts.

email (option): rays54@hotmail.com

russells have loads of those spacers, NOS still in cosmoline..

Thanks, I saw that square diagram, I figured mine must be a civillian one or something, obviously not
I will make the one and get the spacers from Russels.
cheers

email (option): hutman80@hotmail.com

Hi M, Your battery carrier/ oiltank plate is a civvy type from a rigid or plunger tele fork model. It may be from a B Series model which could create problems, though I am unsure as I have never tried to fit one from these models to an M Series bike myself..Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Nieuwe pagina 1