Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
off the topic

anyone know what kind of dipswitch and horn should be fitted to a matchless g3l? any photos would be nice so i know what to look for
cheers michael

email (option): michael.rutland@homail.co.uk

Re: off the topic

michael rutland
anyone know what kind of dipswitch and horn should be fitted to a matchless g3l? any photos would be nice so i know what to look for
cheers michael

Well I've been studying dipswitches all day today, but mostly for early Nortons, G3L Matchlesses didn't had them anymore, just checked about 10 factory pictures. as for the hornpush, it's the same as most of them:

Hope this helps,

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbike.net

Hey Mike, the WDG3L never officially had a dipswitch, as they had been deleted by the time production started, and the second filament in the bulb was used as a spare.
Postwar they went back to using the 31482 switch, but for the WD bike you could use anything, as nothing is really correct. A nice period switch will do.
I have got a spare horn push like the ones in Lex's photo if you need one (painted brass, not that shiny stuff)
Cheers, Mick

email (option): mick@motorbikemike.org.uk

yeah that will be good thanks did you get my message about the exhaust pipes, are you going to bressingham sunday week on the 8th of may
cheers michael

cheers lex for your help
cheers michael

Hi Mike, got the message, cheers. Don't yet know about the Dads Army day, the organizers have pissed me off in the past. I went down on the Dads Army G3L, along with Brian and Dave. They didn't want to let the others in as they only wanted vehicles from the show, so I told them to shove it. They eventually let us all in. So I'm not bothered either way. The other vehicles in the museum are also in a right state now, that little Austin that was donated to them was road legal when they got it, now its nearly scrap!
Cheers, mick.

email (option): mick@motorbikemike.org.uk

Nieuwe pagina 1