Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Forum Picture

Well.. I know Ron is the one on the right, but who are the others?

email (option): ferrarakias@hotmail.com

Re: Forum Picture

Hi kostas

Next to ron is jon small (slim jon), leon & i'm on the left (john o'brien)

Stafford show is a great event kostas, try to make it sometime

:-)

Jo'b

email (option): Jonnyob1@googlemail.com

And Henk took the picture

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Where would we be without you henk !!

:-)

Jo'b

email (option): Jonnyob1@googlemail.com

John, is that my book behind your back ;-)

email (option): kit247@hotmail.com

Your swap meet look a lot better than one over here!

Here, the parts are grimey, tossed about on the floor or ground, and all you find are knackered Japanese parts, or worn out broken Harley parts.

Oh, I cannot forget the leather brokers. About every third stall.

You guys have it made!

email (option): britool51@hotmail.com

I was thinking this same thing. You usually go home very dirty if you do find something. The person that digs through the trash heaps and milk crates of greasy dirty rusty parts MAY find something of use.

email (option): micran1234@yahoo.com

I met Leon at Ashford show on Monday, he was with another guy from Holland who was looking at an old Villiers engine, I got one or two bits there but they want the earth for things these days, the guy at the stall did have some NOS BSA M20 bits though.

TTJohn

email (option): Jomichael@aol.com

You lad's from the States shouldn't get depressed...The picture shows one of the inside halls which are reasonably civilised..outside things are a lot more like the jumbles you describe with plenty of rust, scrap and sad remains on offer in amongst the servicable stuff...Ian

Yes I agree with Ian. We spend a lot of time rummaging through box's on the floor which can be full of rusty or greasy parts.

TT John the other Dutch bloke with Leon was Henk!
They spent the night at my place in Poole on Sunday. I made them some bacon and eggs before they came to Ashford.....Did they look well? Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Ron,
Thanks for the info, as I had never met Henk before it was a pleasure to meet them both. The question is did Henk buy that rusty old Villiers engine? & it was an early one bolt to the frame of a push bike job, although it was not complete I thought the dealer was asking too much for it.
Henk was pleading poverty, opening his empty wallet. Is this his tactic for getting stuff cheap

TTJohn

Yes that's exactly right John. Henk's wallet is always empty for effect. But his pockets are bulging with cash. Can't think why he'd want a stroker engine though.....I expect he knows a man in Holland who does need one. Ron

I spend heaps of money at the Stafford autojumble and was indeed completely broke when I arrived in Ashford. When I arrived in Holland I had just 5 pounds left.

Poor me.

At least you won't lose much on the exchange rate Henk ..and you have your vast profits to look forward to when you sell some of the goodies!...Julie said 'Thanks' for the present from Holland...she hasn't let me near the contents!!..Ian

Henk WM20 2415
I spend heaps of money at the Stafford autojumble and was indeed completely broke when I arrived in Ashford. When I arrived in Holland I had just 5 pounds left.

Poor me.

Henk, you did better then me!!! I had only 10p left!!!!

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbike.net

John,

The Villiers engine had an XXA prefix and that will excite some people on this forum. But the crankshaft was all f....d up and for that the price was too high.

Regards,
Leon

email (option): leonhop3@planet.nl

That's not very exiting Leon. XXA was the prefix for Autocyle engines. XXE would be far more interesting for a Welbike Ron

Henk.
Did you actually buy that engine? I thought that guy was a little bit pricey, I did get a retaining screw for the front brake plate, he wanted £5 for one but I knocked him down to £3. I must admit though he did have some genuine NOS M20 gearbox linkages for about £15 each.
Sorry about the vague introdution on meeting you but now I may remember you & Leon when we meet again.
I had my Matchless G9 on display at the show but I did see a couple of nice M20s showing also, one left early which was a bit more civilianised but still very nice.
I spent all my pocket money also

TTJohn

Hi John,

No, I didn't buy that little engine. I really had just 5 pound left and I didn't want to borrow money to get it. I wasn't 100% sure if it was the right engine and reading Ron's post it's good that I didn't get it as it had the wrong number.

See you.
Henk.

A Villiers Junior Deluxe engine from an Autocycle will do just fine for a Welbike....as long as you can find an original Welbike side cover with the number on. Fortunately for us who have an original, it's not easy to modify one of these, because of the razed 'No' at the start of the engine number. Ron

Photobucket

I am getting confused, should a Welbike have XXA or XXE?

Henk.

Henk the picture I posted is of my original Welbike engine. So XXE for Welbike. Ron

But now I forgot what that Ashford engine, it had either an A or E

Henk WM20 2415
But now I forgot what that Ashford engine, it had either an A or E

There's only about 500 quids difference!

Lex

Ron Pier
A Villiers Junior Deluxe engine from an Autocycle will do just fine for a Welbike....as long as you can find an original Welbike side cover with the number on. Fortunately for us who have an original, it's not easy to modify one of these, because of the razed 'No' at the start of the engine number. Ron

Ron, your brake rod adjusting lever (with the holes) looks suspiciously repro!!

Lex

Probably painted stainless steel

You should have 'zoomed in' and just shown the number Ron ...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

It's par for the course! Every time I show a picture, someone will find a fault But I don't really mind. It gives me something else to do to correct these features. It's so long since I restored this Welbike from India that I just can't remember. Can you show me a real one Lex? Ron

I shouldn't worry Ron. Anything that's changed on a Welbike has to be an improvement. It can't be any worse.

I suppose with a different engine, frame and some brakes it would be OK

Rik
I shouldn't worry Ron. Anything that's changed on a Welbike has to be an improvement. It can't be any worse.

I suppose with a different engine, frame and some brakes it would be OK

Rik, Actually the brake is very good on a Welbike!!

Cheers,

Lex

ps, Ron, will look for a picture of the right plate, but should be thinner, my WB is in a museum, so not readily acsecible.

Lex

OK, here's a piccy,

Lex

Lex, the trouble is, I've stroked and ported the engine and fitted one of Ian's big pistons. So I felt the need to improve the braking system as well. .

If at some time someone could let me know the gauge of an original strap. I'll make another one.

Lex is that bloke still selling the Welbike parts? I can't remember his name. He told me he wanted to off load that side of his business....Not enough customers it seems. Ron

Nieuwe pagina 1