Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
petrol downunder

looking at the report on ethanol got me thinking about what grade fuel i run my M21 on and what additives do i add if any.

email (option): butchtheplasterer@hotmail.com

Re: petrol downunder

In the US there's a product called "Stabil" and acts as a fuel stabilizer, seems to work OK.

In the meantime petrol has gone sky high in Germany!!

Found this on the Kradrider Yahoo list:

"Seen yesterday in a town South of Stuttgart. Two customers, who assumed,
this only could be an error, did not pay but called the police instead. The cops
only could tell them, that they have to pay what the seller demands and as
given by price display. The two people, a man, who had to pay 100€, and
a woman with 200€, threatened with legal claim if not reimbursed by Esso.
Juridically they have no chance.

The tankstop at 70794 Filderstadt has an own webpage, where this price
still is given.

http://www.clever-tanken.de/showtank_payed.asp?Tankstelle=ESSO++Bonl%E4nder+Hauptstr.+132+Filderstadt&secureid=3750&typ=Super&ort=707

This price for one liter fuel is equivalent to $14.59 or £8.85
Per gallon (US 3,785) they are $55.23 or £33.50

Dietmar"

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbike.net

Re: petrol downunder

Stabil hasnt gotten its formula good enough for ethanol. My opinion... The best thing out for stabilizing ethanol fuel is Star Tron Enzyme Treatment. Made by Star Brite. They do sell this in the UK.

email (option): micran1234@yahoo.com

Re: petrol downunder - how do these fuel stabilisers work?

Can anyone explain these fuel stabilisers, please? That is to say, how do they work and change the quality and/or performance of the fuel?

email (option): dannydefazio@sumpmagazine.com

Well most of them just add more ethanol... The biggest issue with ethanol is phase separation. This is when the percentage of water gets over the .5 percent area. The ethanol bonds with the water and they separate from the rest of the fuel. Ethanol is an octane booster and oxidizer. So when it separates from the fuel the fuel loses octane and does not burn well. Most additives just add more unbonded ethanol back to the fuel to bring back the octane and oxidizing properties. The issue with this is that what you are doing is adding more water absorbing ethanol to your fuel. Also, the ethanol you add will quickly bond to the water ethanol that was already separated beforehand. So unless you add the stuff and use it all right then you end up with even worse gas.

Star Tron contains zero ethanol. It uses naturally occurring enzymes to reduce the surface tension of the water in the fuel. This keeps the water suspended in the fuel which prevents phase separation. The enzymes also break down the size of the fuel molecules creating more surface area keeping the fuel well blended with the ethanol and water. The gums and debris in the fuel are also broken down to help them suspend in the fuel and pass through the fuel system and get burned.

In effect the enzymes act like many worms in the compost pile. They just break everything down into sub-micron size droplets. This keeps everything well blended.

email (option): micran1234@yahoo.com

Thanks, Michael. Interesting stuff.

email (option): dannydefazio@sumpmagazine.com

Good description Michael, I've also been using Star Tron.

email (option): jrosson86@att.net

I run the old Beeza and Sunbeams on R40 mix as i love the smell.
Our fuel!! like i said before.
Volatile cocktail of poisons created by the USA/EEC that should carry a Government Health warning.
Additives are just more of the poison added to the volatile cocktail.
Gas should have a COSSH Sheet and Safety Data Tag on your tank.

Gas Tank it is!
Petrol tank...nope!
Petrol gone with the wind years ago.
Boycott the pumps in May and Vote in the local elections for change.
Lot of it coming from the EEC Brussels the scary people who are taking your freedom and Liberty's away and changing Europe to a Muslim culture.
Vote to get out of the EEC!

do you get a green pond scum in your tank with this star tron enzyme stuff

Six weeks after draining and drying the 16H's fuel system and refilling with fresh, I've just tipped this lot out of the carb (actually there was quite a bit more water in the float chamber arm as well).

Photobucket

I hope that this will cure the popping and banging. It was too late to check tonight.

I think that we're going to have to drain the float chamber after every run.

makes you wonder how much crap is in the fuel

email (option): butchtheplasterer@hotmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1