Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
My day at Stafford

I found Ian Wright and thanked him for all the guidance he has given me through this forum. But I didnt manage to meet any of the other forum members who were there. All I bought for the WM20 was some BSA tank stickers and a some guenuine WM20 handelbars to replace the wrong ones currently on my bike. I fitted them earlier tonight and they look good-- so I am a few steps closer to getting the bike correct.
How did anybody else get on there?

Re: My day at Stafford

Hi Peter, I had an enjoyable weekend and was 'found' by quite a few forum members...it was good to meet up again. I didn't have a lot of stock this year so I have had to put my retirement off again..It was all worth it though just to get immersed in the 100% bike atmosphere. I found a few parts and successfully managed to resist a very reasonably priced M21 on the next stall...the phsychotherapy seems to be working.. ...Ian

Ian
It was a good job I went there on a bike. If I had gone up in my van I would have bought bikes back into an already full garage. There was a very tempting BSA B31 rigid, a Sunbeam S7, and an early Bultaco 250 trials bike.
Motorbikes eh? arnt they great?

Was that the black S7?...I saw the guy riding about on that one in the evening...the engine sounded really good. I had a Bultaco Sherpa back in the 70s..it was a great trials bike in the 'pre acrobatics' mould and very well made and robust..Ian

I was there. I got a m20 bottom yoke and some bits and bobs.
I saw a tempting b33 rigid with some interesting mod's That was up for grabs.
Yea btw to Ian, I did not realise at the time but I did speak to You, I was the corpses from hell guy
Searched high and low for the gearbox adjuster with no luck.

email (option): hutman80@hotmail.com

I spent 2 1/2 days mostly walking round with Henk and Leon. They are good blokes to be with when looking for M20 bits.....and even a 16H mag platform. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Also enjoyed Stafford again. Mainly picked up stuff which people had brought for me, thanks Henk, and Ian. Managed to find a few things such as a nice restorable S7 rear pinion seat and was able to fill someone elses boot with all my "Junk". (Thanks John O'B!). And of course met others I know from the M20 world, Ron, Leon, Lex.
Bike now ready for France in June, hope to meet some new Forum members there.

Ah, Stafford... Went there the first time in 1993, to find parts for a very early Triumph '21' (number H6 ever produced). Came back with 80% unusable junk, because no one knew how it looked exactly, and they sold me parts of the later production.
Then I met John Nelson, who was involved in the design, and his help was invaluable. Result: runner-up on the 1994 and 1996 Shows.
In 2003 was the last time, with an even earlier one, H5, and one of the last of this bike ever produced, the Dutch Army 3TA. Again a price, for best military bike.
Alas, all are gone now, only the 1942 M20 remains; unfortunately, I finished restoration more or less before this great forum started, so she is a mishmash of all kinds of non-age related parts and repros. But I love her....

email (option): viaconsu # planet dot nl

My dad and I had a wonderful weekend at Stafford, it was very nice weather and picked up some nice spares.

Met Henk and Leon who I already knew and met Ron, Ian, John O'Brian, Lex and Bennie for the first time. Had a nice chat with them and even did a little trading with Ron....

Not a lot of M20 spares, found a sound top rearguard, early battery carrier, some carburettor housings, and quite a few small parts. But also quite a few spares for my others projects. So it was very worthwhile for me.

The very nice trader with mainly NOS Norton and BSA spares was there for the second year but had sold the most interesting parts the first year. But still amazing stuff for reasonable prices if you can use it.

Regards, Michiel

Nieuwe pagina 1