Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
tighten rear chain

I have a problem adjusting the rear chain. i did it folowing the manuel but i think i did it wrong....... The manuel is difficult english and i'ts hard for my to read..... The wheel is now so far to the right that te tire is next to the screw that holds the mudgard!!!!!!!!! And the chain is still too lose....... Can some ont tell my to get the wheel back in the middle and set the chain tight!! And how the aligment is don..... I have the gauge but dont understand how it work.... Cane some one help my in dutch ore simple school english....?

Thank u again!!!!!!

Bjorn

email (option): bnuchelmans@home.nl

Re: tighten rear chain

Bjorn, I'll try my best in simple English.
First undo the spindle nut on the right hand side.
Then undo the big spindle nut on left side. (That's the one on outside of the two).
Now turn the smaller one on the left (the one in the middle)
You should turn this anti-clock to tighten the chain.
But also you must screw the small adjuster bolt on the right so that the wheel moves back parallel in the frame.
When the chain is tensioned correctly. Tighten the left hand big nut then the right hand nut.
Re check to make sure nothing has moved.
I check my wheel alignment with a long straight edge so that it touches both the front and back of both tyres.
Hope this makes some sense. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Bjorn, er zijn Nederlanders genoeg op deze forum (sommigen zouden zeggen dat er te veel zijn eigenlijk ! )

Het zou misschien de moiete zijn om Henk te mailen want hij kan alles uitleggen op z'n 'ollands !

Persoonlijk weet ik niets van BSAs behalve dat ik geen wil hebben

thanks!!!@i see what i did wrong! But undo does it mean make lose and so far the nut coms of so u can put it off the spindle? Or make loos so it can spin freely? And how do i get the wheel bach in the middle again? It,s now wrong because my wrong screwing......in the wrong way!!

Thanks!!!!.

Hi Bjorn,

You said that the wheel is very close to the right side.
There should be a spacer between the hub and the frame,-kind of cone shaped (the rear spindle/axle goes though it)
I would check if it’s there..

Good luck,
Noam.

email (option): noam10@gmail.com

thanks!!!!! I checked ans it is there.... But think i turned the outside cam too far in...

Thanks!!!

thanks!!!@i see what i did wrong! But undo does it mean make lose and so far the nut coms of so u can put it off the spindle? Or make loos so it can spin freely? And how do i get the wheel bach in the middle again? It,s now wrong because my wrong screwing......in the wrong way!!

Thanks!!!!.

Nieuwe pagina 1