Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Clutch m20

Hello, can anybody tell me how to remove the clutch without dismantling from a bsa m 20. Do i need a pulley puller? I need the gearbox for fixing the oil leak.thx

Re: Clutch m20

Hi Ralf...You will need to remove the clutch cover and the clutch pressure plate (the first plate you see after you remove the cover, held on with nuts).
Next pull out the clutch pushrod. Then you will have to remove the nut that retains the clutch to the gearbox mainshaft. That is the one that the pushrod comes through the centre of and has a 5/16 Whit. hexagon.
Put the bike in gear and press down on the rear brake to lock the clutch as you undo this nut.
You will then need a clutch extractor tool.
This screws into the clutch sleeve (the piece that is fitted to the mainshaft that the clutch is mounted on)
Screw the extractor as far into the sleeve as it will go. Tighten the bolt in the centre until it is exerting some pressure on the end of the mainshaft and then give the head of the bolt a sharp blow with a copper mallet. Tighten the bolt a little more and repeat the process. This 'shocks' the taper fit of the sleeve to the shaft and after a couple of goes the clutch will come off as a complete unit.
Do not screw in the extractor and then try to just wind the clutch off using the extractor bolt. This will damage the extractor thread...you must use the 'shock' method.
If you don't have a clutch extractor you should be able to obtain one from Draganfly Motorcycles...Ian

Re: Clutch m20

Ian, Thank You very much for the info. It's been very useful to me. I hope I can dismount the gearbox now and fix the oil leak.
Any more tips are very welcome
Greetz, Ralf

Nieuwe pagina 1