Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ethanol

Pssst, I was informed yesterday that if you buy unleaded petrol from Texaco garages in Plymouth it is still Ethanol free at present, my informant is ex oil industry.

email (option): robmiller11@yahoo.co.uk

Re: Ethanol tank destruction fluid should carry an MDS sheet

You think so Rob.... i work with the Oil and Gas.
There all guilty especially the guys that supply optimax. one of the culprits that i blame for a bit more of the higher octane juice.
The push is on for higher percentage of the poison.
The stuff took out the lining out of one of my S7 Sunbeams that i restored looked like somebody stuffed the tank with old lady's tights that's the way it come out. Totally broken down.
Expensive exercise, you can imagine the classics with fibre glass tanks slowly disinter-grading till nothing is left.
Same with fuel pipes and carb seals orings..ethanol is being pushed onto us big time.
Fuel goes off quick as well with all this additives.
Stop cleaning your bits and pieces in the stuff as well....health hazard as well.....!!
Should have an MDS Chemical Sheet & safety data...
Same as Zyolene based paints and thinners....in confined spaces.
Eurocrats for you!!!

Hi Graemy, here's a question for you I have often wondered about..you may know the answer...how many (if any) oil and petrol refining plants are there in the UK?....Ian

Hi Ian,

On the mainland we have 2 in Scotland 1 in the Shetlands who think they still belong to Nog land "Norway" so that's 3.
2 in Wales.
7 in England.
UK 12 all together mostly foreign owned not all of them refine the by product of Diesel and Unleaded.
The one with the worst safety case history in the world who devastated the Gulf recently ARE No more British than MG cars are.
The 4 big players run the show.
What your putting in your tank is a volatile cocktail of meant to be "green" unleaded poison with cancer related additives.
Going Green? The Tiger in your tail long..long gone.
In fact it took a runner!!
Went with the 5 Star and finally with the 4 Star.
The Eurocats in Brussels were meant to have kept it available for vintage and veteran vehicles (Joke)!!!
Anybody seen any 4 Star about??
Optimax...and the equivalent toxic solvents is your equivalent.
So you need to talk American now...Gas Tank not Petrol Tank.
No such thing as petrol any more,
What we have is Chemical Toxin that should carry an MDS Sheet ( COSH-Chemical Data Sheet)and a government health warning.
Noticed in the Harley Davidson owners handbook it labels the Gas as a Health Warning and hazard not to use it for Cleaning Purpose!!! avoid hand contamination,,,food,,,to ware disposable latex gloves if handling it.
Confined spaces for breathing.
So you guys that are rebuilding motors and gear boxes "DON'T WASH YOUR PARTS WITH TOXIC POISON"
The joys of living in the Eurocrat big brother Europe.
Quicker UK is out of it the better this country will be.
Watch Brussels there are lots of scary people waiting to take your liberty away so called green activists watch them as well!!
Motor Cycles one of them.
Already in France and Germany bikes are tamper proof. ie tuning after market cans etc list goes on.
cafe racers biker build..cant insure them or get an equivalent MOT for them.
Coming our way fast as well...2 year MOT..there is a catch there?
In a nutshell they want 2 wheels off the road.
So support the BMF.
Vote a real vote come the May elections...one of them to get out of EEC Europe.
Away from there madness.

I'm with you on fighting and watching out for people taking the joy out of our lives. That's why I joined MAG. Between MAG & the BMF we have successfully defeated loads of Eurocrap Laws that would have forced power restrictions, anti-tamper laws (Think TUV) and leg protectors.... not to mention the looney inflatable jacket to act as a biker air bag. Fight The Power and join an activist group, In Europe there is MAG's sister organization FEMA amongst others. Don't let them drive us off the roads with more & more ludicrous (and dangerous) testing at extra expense, taking it out of reach of the average road user. With the cost of fuel rising higher & higher, I would not be surprised to see a return to the 30's & 40's where motorcycles were the only cheap form of transport left to the working classes (or unemployed as they are now called).

email (option): stinkypete80@hotmail.com

not only motorcycles here in london and other cities the LOW EMISSION ZONE my Landrover is only allowed because of a consession because it is a station wagon and not a comercial type ie if it has windows in the rear it passes if it does'nt it will have to have a exhaust filter fitted at a cost of £3000 or be removed from the zone in 2012

sir ewok can i add what would this ban on riding bike do to the bike prices when you can only display them god forbid this ever happens

For the US vintage vehicle owners there's a website to check:

http://pure-gas.org/index.jsp

Here you can find ethanol free "gas"

Cheers,

Lex

PS, Rob M, did you get my emails??????

email (option): welbike@welbike.net

Re: Ethanol

Hi Lex

It doesn't sound like we would have many "sans ethanol" garages in the UK to put on a website

Was it the Email about the big4 book? if so I still haven't got around to scanning it, but it's on my list of things to do, and I had some trouble with dropbox so I don't think I will be using that. Rob.

email (option): robmiller11@yahoo.co.uk

Re: Ethanol

Yes, I know, but you have to make a start somewhere with ethanol crap free stations!!

Haven't scanned mine yet either, do you have a better way of sending scans??

Cheers,

Lex

Nieuwe pagina 1