Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
NOS WD tire

Trying to date this WD tire...it's not wartime, but I think rather post war...there is a serial number that I think is an early NATO stamping...it has a WD broadarrow stamp though...it's quite usable i think, rubber is still pliable, just can't figure what to use it on. sidecar?

FIRESTONE ANS 4.00-19

as you can see never used.

any ideas from the stamp when it was manufactured?

thanks,

Eric

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Eric

email (option): BSAWM20@gmail.com

Re: NOS WD tire

the firestone tyres on one of my bikes has the WD stamp then marked feb 57 and march 57 there also some other stamped numbers 796997 GZ on the feb one and 837766 GZ on the march one dont know whether this will help

I notice the M20 on the webpage has a similer stamp on the front tyre.

email (option): robmiller11@yahoo.co.uk

The 14 - digit paint-marked number across the tyre is a standard UK NATO stock number (the "99" in the marking being the NATO code for UK).....

NATO stock numbers began to be introduced for all UK military clothing & equipment from roughly 1965 to 1966 therefore this tyre was evidently in military stores around this time, although may have been manufactured slightly earlier. Even if stored, tyres have a certain shelf life therefore this item won't date from WW2...

Steve, thanks for the info...I had already figured it wasn't wartime, at least the wartime most of us are interested in.

I wonder what kind of vehicle it would have been used on though.

Eric

email (option): BSAWM20@gmail.com

b40wd?

Nieuwe pagina 1