Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
cut away petrol tank

Hi as anyone got a cut away petrol tank for sale? and also after a good front mudguard with splayed front end and the front part of the stay's thanks keith.

email (option): keith@qualitychrome.co.uk

Re: cut away petrol tank

Hi Keith,

You have opened a question for me. The front fender of my M20 is spread out in front and I thought it
was not the way it should be. To me, it looks a bit funny, but I am reluctant to mess with it.

Does anyone have any pics of a "splayed" front mudguard to share?

Thanks

email (option): britool51@hotmail.com

I don't think they were ever splayed out on purpose. Probably the cause of an accident or miss use. To my knowledge they should be perfectly parallel throughout their length. However there does appear to be two styles to the front edge. Some have the very nice slightly turned up nose and some are without the turned up front edge. I have know idea when the change took place though.
Here's mine at the usual risk of criticism. Ron

Photobucket

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Shouldn't you have a metal spring clip holding the front brake cable to the forkleg..?..and isn't that a non standard grease nipple in the brake arm pivot shaft?..Also,do you have the correct spacers fitted between the front mudguard stay and the underside of the mudguard?.. ...Ian

And why did you use screws instead of hex bolts on the mudguard to stay mounting??

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbike.net

Those are the correct fixings Lex, Usually replaced with hex bolts after corrosion sets in making them awkward to remove. I must admit mine are reproduced in stainless
I'll put my hands up on some of the other issues that Ian just raised. But I know things about his bike which is probably why he never posts pictures of it Ron

Ron Pier
Those are the correct fixings Lex, Usually replaced with hex bolts after corrosion sets in making them awkward to remove. I must admit mine are reproduced in stainless
I'll put my hands up on some of the other issues that Ian just raised. But I know things about his bike which is probably why he never posts pictures of it Ron

Was only teasing Ron, as you know, I know nothing about M20's!!!

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbike.net

That's you and Ian both teasing! I'll be looking for you both at Stafford.......I'll be with my mate Leon, who's bigger than you. Ron

I won't be there but you can pass on a message to my twin brother.. ...Ian

What about the replica tanks?

Nieuwe pagina 1