Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Push rod Clutch

I have a spinning push rod when the engine is running. what is wrong????

Please help my!!!!

email (option): bnuchelmans@home.nl

Re: Push rod Clutch

Hi Bjorn..You may have the same problem I fixed on my M20 today...The clutch pushrod had rusted and was slightly too tight in the mainshaft..I removed it, cleaned off the rod,blew out the mainshaft with an airline and then oiled and refitted the pushrod.
I took off the clutch cover and clutch pressure plate to do this.
Another possibility is that you do not have enogh free play in the cable...this means the rod is pushed against the ball in the back of the clutch pressure plate and as that turns it also turns the rod....Ian

I'd strongly suspect nothing. If it's a bit oily, the stickiness will take it round, just as the rear wheel will turn on the stand (if it's a Norton it will anyway).

Rik may well be right....but it will only take a couple of minutes to check the free play and that the pushrod is free in the mainshaft...just disconnect the cable at the gearbox, drop the clutch arm down and give the rod a pull. Peace of mind and all that!...Ian

Absolutely Ian..If in doubt, drop the arm down and give the rod a pull...You'll feel better for it

Bjorn, mine does it as well. Iv had a few goes at stopping it by cleaning it, but Iv just learnt to live with it.

thanks for all the help! i always keep my rod clean of any oli and I think thats the problem! i will clean the mainshaft, make the rod free from rust, than oli it a little and give it a spin! Can anyone tell my something about the tichtniss of the clutch spring? The engine makes a sound like a grass mouwer...... Dutch grasmaaier..... And i have a feeling it,s the clutch.. But it isnt worn of oli on it......

Thanks!!!!!!!

thanks!!!! I always keep my rod free from oil and it is also bit rusty too.i will sand it a little, than clean the rod and main shaft, put a little oil on it and adjust the clutch cable!!!!
Can u tell my something about the tention of the clutch spring?how ticht must it be?
Another problem is the sound of the bike.... It
runs a little like a lawn mower..... Thought it was the clutch, but it it dry and clean of oil.. Can u help my?

Thanks!!!!!!

Hi Bjorn...both the clutch nut and the engine shock absorber nut should be tightened all the way until they 'bottom out'. Then knock them up tight. Don't be afraid to make sure they are completely tight or you run the risk of them coming loose later...Ian

Ian Wright
Hi Bjorn...both the clutch nut and the engine shock absorber nut should be tightened all the way until they 'bottom out'. Then knock them up tight. Don't be afraid to make sure they are completely tight or you run the risk of them coming loose later...Ian

And then you will hear all kinds of rattling sounds; DAMHIK ....

email (option): viaconsu # planet dot nl

dear hans, what do you mean? Can u explain it in dutch?thanks bjorn

Nieuwe pagina 1