Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Parade speed

I have been asked to participate with my WDM20 in the May 5 commemorations in Wageningen.
That means s l o w riding, because there are several veteran contingents marching in front of us.
Now, what can I do to prevent overheating? Not slipping the clutch of course, but retarding ignition somewhat?

email (option): viaconsu # planet dot nl

Re: Parade speed

I suppose the only thing you can do is retarding the ignition. Also make sure that the oiltank is pretty full, oil has got more time to cool down.

A slightly richer mixture might help. Or, at least, make sure you're not running lean. I wonder if you could rig up a very discreet electric fan in front of the barrels - perhaps something inside a mesh screen or something. It would be hidden by the horn from the left side (might look a lot better than a breakdown).

email (option): dannydefazio@sumpmagazine.com

And make sure you have a spare plug in case it does 'whisker'...Ian

I avoid slow parades now after I seized my M20 in the Plymouth Lord Mayors parade many years ago, but it was a hot day and quite a long parade

email (option): robmiller11@yahoo.co.uk

I tell the parade organisers I will act a dispatch rider would have, I ride up and down the parade and weave through vehicles. That keeps the engine cool and is a lot less hard on the legs and hips having to keep the bike upright at slow speeds. You just have to be careful of your speed and watch for people darting out in front of you, people taking pictures tend to do that. I have found organisers to be very receptive to the idea and it works out well, for me anyhow.

Nieuwe pagina 1