Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Girls on bikes.

This picture was captioned "Air Transport Auxiliary" (ATA). These girls would transport Spitfires and the like from place to place for the fighting pilots. Obviously they were also allowed to ride M20's.
Has anyone got any information about the uniform? Or items to sell. My friend Louise would like to replicate it to wear on her RAF Enfield....Vitals can be supplied Ron

Photobucket

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Re: Girls on bikes.

Hi Ron, the home of the ATA girls was White Waltham airfield where I have my Yak hangered. There are pictures of ATA girls on the walls in the club house but not with motorcycles. I do know that the CFO has a big box with war time photos and history of White Waltham during WW2. There is also a book on the ATA girls which i have a copy of and would be happy to lend it to Lou. Cheers, John

email (option): tinley@btinternet.com

Great, thanks John. I'll tell Lou to contact you. Ron

I haven't got anything and can't help at all...but you can sill send me Lou's interesting measurements ....Ian

Woooohooo!

Photobucket

Shame on you Ron, Thats a really sexist picture,but it does me a power of good, I now need to find a frame for it, and a place on the wall.

It's already on my shed wall. But see how sensibly she wears the appropriate head gear

Credit to Bump driving John Tinley's Big4 on the track at Goodwood. Ron

Nieuwe pagina 1