Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Decals and Census Number

What is the best place to buy decals for my Norton petrol tank, and primary chaincase?
How do you apply the census number on the tank? Is it handwritten or also a decal? Where can I get this from?
Cheers!

email (option): ferrarakias@hotmail.com

Re: Decals and Census Number

Kostas I bought these water slide transfers and low tack stencils to spray the number on, from 'Classic Transfers' you can buy the same transfers from 'VMCC Transfers' and all different styles of low tack military stencils from 'Axholm Signs'. You can google all these firms. Ron

Photobucket

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Re: Decals and Census Number - note to Ron

Ron, why is your headlight rim painted black? Is that just artistic licence? Or something to do with blackout masks? Or is that how some bikes were liveried?

P.S. Send me some matt black paint. I might do mine like that.

email (option): dannydefazio@sumpmagazine.com

Danny I have had at least two NOS headlamps in my possession with satin black rims. Not sure of their supply dates mind you. So some artistic licence is involved.

Ron

Thanks Ron.

email (option): dannydefazio@sumpmagazine.com

I've had a NOS DU42 with a black rim...and these were replaced with MU42s post war, so I guess they are wartime production....Ian

Yes I should have mentioned that mine were also DU42's, so wartime production. Ron

Nieuwe pagina 1