Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
UK WW2 Film, 22nd May - DR's & MV owners needed for vehicle column shooting

Hello All..

Update on my post earlier, as some of you know I work for some of the Hollywood Studios, in my travels I've come across some guys making a movie about Wally Harris, shooting starts in a few weeks. I've spoken to the producers today and the situtaion is, they need us:

What:
They need us..British ww2 motorcycles and vehicles for a column shoot on Sunday May 22nd. At this time as many as possible.

They are also trying to get hold of an 88"

Where:
Imber, Salisbury Plain. The Ghost village that is closed for most of the year. The filming is fully supported by the Army.

What's provided;
Always a item of contention on shoots, budgets are tight, for those of you who don't know, often what goes on behind the camera can be a little un organsied, lots of standing around, but Roland tells me that some fuel money will be provided, depends on distance and vehicle, I'm guessing a tank each. Catering will also be provided, so we'll get a bite to eat, the more numbers I know attending the better so they can estimate demand.
The Army have said that they may be able to help move larger vehicles, details I'll need.

Camping Saturday 21st May
Shooting starts early, preparation takes ages, so there can be much waiting around.
There is no provision at this time for those of us going to make this, we'll have to find a camp site. I haven't looked this up yet, but will when I get an idea of numbers, vehicles attending possible stay at Barracks, we'll see. But I need numbers please.

What you need to do:
Email me your full details:
Subject heading "Wally Harris filming"
name, surname, contact details, email, mobile; vehicle type and how you are going to get there, van, low loader etc. (we will have the whole of teh plain to park on I'm guessing but this is to try and oprganise camping on Sat night)estimated fuel costs for shooting (please bear in mind that alot of this we'll have to fund ourselves but they will give us something for the day.)

Full British uniforms only of the period of course, and if anyone can lend me some DR troos that be great!

Some info
http://www.ivorytowerpictures.com/category/ww2-wally-harris/

http://www.rememuseum.org.uk/news.aspx?nid=13

My Details
kit247@hotmail.com
mobile 07824345159

I hope that this could be a great get together, a great day and of course a chance for us to hook up. I will be posting on some other forums, please pas this on and give my details. Thanks all.

email (option): kit247@hotmail.com

Re: UK WW2 Film, 22nd May - DR's & MV owners needed for vehicle column shooting

Just an update for you direct from the film makers today...

They would like 4-5 bikes, the more the merrier but key is only a hand full, can we do it? There is a special ask for one British bike with rider, you'll be needed for 3-4 days to provide assistence (and to make sure your bike is OK) you may be in most of the bike scenes I think but not ride in the Quartermaster scenes. Lodging for the one rider and bike will be put up in the Barracks on Salisbury Plain with the REME boys and girls. For us lesser mortals its just a day...They are asking for other vehicles, if there is a Universal carrier out there, possible transportation is available..

If any one would like to find out more, or put their name down for the column shoot on the Sunday, please drop me a line, if you'd like the details for yourself, again please just ask as I'm just putting the word out. Thanks...

Hi Kit,
Good to talk to you earlier. To confirm what we're after then:

Up to four or five British bikes for Sunday 22nd May
One British bike to appear on a few days (TBC) for Quartermaster

German bikes (one or two) for 25th and 26th May.

If any of your contacts have all the kit (uniform, helmet and boots etc) then we'd love to have them appear with the bikes on film.

Re: UK WW2 Film, 22nd May - DR's & MV owners needed for vehicle column shooting

Update from a conversation this morning. Still plenty of space for people to come to be in the film, just email me please, but I really need to know promptly..altough you can turn up on the day..

Accomadation will be provided Saturday night at the barracks, details will follow to those who say they are coming.

Food, breakfast, Lunch and dinner provided.

Anyone who wants to stay on if required from Sunday can.

Number plates, don't need to be taken off, they will either be covered or shot from distance I think.

Rain, if it does rain they will keep shooting, so bring DR coat.

A favour to ask, could I borrow DR trousers and a coat from anyone please, waist 32-36, coat I'm 6ft

So looks like a great weekend, free bed under Her Majesties pleasure, free food all day, some fuel, a blat about Salisbury Plain and a nose around Imber.

Nieuwe pagina 1