Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
off topic.battle of britain memorial and flypast

ive heard from the battle of britain memorial flight chaps today and there going to send a spitfire and hurricane to the memorial and service at the church near newbury(berkshire) where ive looked after a battle of britain pilots grave for 28 years now,ive paid for a plaque and bench to be installed so to have a flypast on battle of britain day(15th sept) will be very special to go with the service,when i get excat times etc i will post them but if anyone fancys coming along there more than welcome,thanks.adrian

email (option): adriancrossan@tiscali.co.uk

Re: off topic.battle of britain memorial and flypast

Well done Adrian, seems like you have done good work. I wish I was a bit closer, would be great to attend. We have a small chapel and grave yard next to RAF Coltishall. One blink and you would miss it. But what an emotive place. But stuffed full of pilots killed during the war, and later, laid next to wives who died 50-60 years later. Even an old git like me is moved to tears there.
Cheers, Mick

email (option): mick@motorbikemike.org.uk

went to capel le firth battle of britain memorial on the top of the cliff near dover on thursday was quite moving

email (option): roger.beck@node6.com

yes its a fantastic monument,in such a special location.

email (option): adriancrossan@tiscali.co.uk

I am off work that day, so remind us closer to the time as I would like to be there with my WM20

Nieuwe pagina 1