Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
What do you think of this?

Not mine. Worked on this for a customer.

email (option): micran1234@yahoo.com

Re: What do you think of this?

Hi Michael...Very nice...takes me back to my 'Goldie Days'..(DB34)(ZB34). I am just pondering whether to blow in a lot of cash on a motor to fit into my rigid B33 (B34 lookalike). I always thought the big fin motor would look nice in the rigid frame and there is about 80-100lbs less weight to haul about with the rigid chassis..but OUCH!..Goldie bits are getting expensive!.A friend had to pay £750 for a good (bare)cylinder head for his scrambler about 3 years ago...Ian

Its a matter of how bad you want one I guess. I find them beautiful machines but just cant say Id enjoy it any more than my other bikes. Just bloody expensive.

This guy that owns this bike is having a replica of a Jaguar XJ13 built for him. And not some lookalike. Its a complete replica down to the wheels. They made the wheels from billet to match the originals. The only way you can tell its not the original is knowing there is only one real one.

If I had that kind of money I reckon Id buy a Goldie...

(I big fin in a rigid would be something id like to see )

email (option): micran1234@yahoo.com

Well Ian, me and a mate will be fitting a BB34 into an M20 soon Also a hot B33 into another, that's why we have so many spare M20 motors lying around as doorstops!!

Hi Douglas..Yes, I do like specials..I put an A10 motor into a rigid B31 many moons ago. A lighter chassis with a well tuned engine can be a lot of fun and you learn a lot about engines once you start tuning them.
I enjoy restoring military bikes to a 'correct' specification but there is another type of pleasure in seeing what you can create from a mixed pile of parts!
The trouble is once you start its hard to stop...there's always an 'improved' version in your head!....Ian

what i would like is a quick release engine so i could swap a b31 engine into my m20 frame and back again as the whim took me at formular one speed

email (option): roger.beck@node6.com

Gorgeous! I'd be afraid to ride it anywhere!

email (option): britool51@hotmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1