Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Lycetts Hooks

I'm after some hooks for my "aero" Lycetts saddle that attach the elastic cords to the saddle frame.
Does anybody know or has any? Original or replica...

email (option): ferrarakias@hotmail.com

Re: Lycetts Hooks

You may struggle to find these, Kostas.....I'm not aware of any repro's of the Lycette hooks for the "aero-elastic" cords...but I may be wrong...

When fitted, the hooks are largely invisible, so unless you're a stickler for originality, any form of hook may do......

I have heard that some caravan and camping supplies shops in the UK supply elasticated cording on the roll, very similar to the original Lycette aero-elastic. There may be the possibility of some hooks too...? Original Lycette hooks are very small and flat in profile, wrapping around the end of each cord and then simply fitting onto the saddle frame into the slots provided (slots, as opposed to holes used for springs)........if you make your own hooks it will take a lot of time and effort for something that will not be visible once fitted......the originals were mass-produced on a stamping machine....

Steve,
The saddle frame has 12 slots for these hooks. I only have 9, so I miss 3.
If you can provide more info on these shops maybe I can contact them.
Kostas

Kostas, I know of no particular shops stocking this stuff....I got the info from an old magazine article detailing a restoration....

Best bet would be to contact any businesses dealing with this particular subject...

If you already have some originals, can you make the remaining required items ? I am pretty sure that someone on the forum will have a few originals kicking around to make up what you're missing...?

I hope so....

Nieuwe pagina 1