Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
rubber part

Got a part for my M20 yesterday. It's a rubber cover that goes over the throttle assembly on the handlebar. I am told that it was used on other bikes as well. There are more where this one came from. Any interrest?

I'll try to post a photo, but I can't do it where I am now, so will do it later.

email (option): seadog1968@hotmail.com

Re: rubber part

ynse
Got a part for my M20 yesterday. It's a rubber cover that goes over the throttle assembly on the handlebar. I am told that it was used on other bikes as well. There are more where this one came from. Any interrest?

I'll try to post a photo, but I can't do it where I am now, so will do it later.

Hi Ynse, Michel and I had these made, Rob Miller has seen them too, haven't fitted one yet, send me some pictures, and I'll post them here, most early bikes had them.

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbike.net

Re: rubber dustcover for Throttle for WD Bikes

Ok, just fitted one, it needs about 5 minutes with a dremel, to remove the "flash" and then it's OK to fit, here are some pictures.

First the original:

Then our repro:

And fitted:

We have a small quantity availeble email me for details, but will be away from computer coming weekend, anyone going to Gosport ???

Cheers,

Lex

I think that I might quite like one of those Lex. Are they a bugger to fit ?

Rik
I think that I might quite like one of those Lex. Are they a bugger to fit ?

Rik, I'll save you one, I fitted this one in about 5 minutes, will try to write up some fitting instructions, but it's not difficult once found the right sequence.

If you tried to fit an original, they would normally tear in 2, with the new rubber this is not the case!!

Mind you 2 originals were destroyed in making the moulds! and one throttle!!

But now we have something usable at last.

Cheers,

Lex

please could i aquire one thank you roger

email (option): roger.beck@node6.com

Nieuwe pagina 1