Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Website picture

Any ideas on what's covering the spark plugs on those bikes..and why?... ....Ian

Re: Website picture

Good question and to be honest I didn't even notice it before. No idea what that could be.

Henk.

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

It looks too small to be covering a plug.... Could it be a bung for the plug hole to stop moisture/muck getting in. Maybe due to parts shortages or perhaps a little oil was dropped in before the plug was finally fitted for the road test?

email (option): stinkypete80@hotmail.com

I have a feeling that plugs may have been fitted at Army Ordnance depots.....part of the maintenance and preparation tasks routinely carried out....

Many bikes, particularly late-war production, sat in Depots for months and months, many ultimately not being issued prior to disposal.....

The M20's featured are reasonably late-production (1943 - 44), so some from this contract may have remained in storage....although photographic evidence definitely shows some in service in NW Europe circa 1944-45.....

Oddly enough, many years ago now I had an M20 from this contract (C 5126292)......wonder where she is now ? She had been used post-war, still retaining the post-war numberplate on the rear when acquired as a wreck back in the 1980's.....

Nieuwe pagina 1