Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mudguard stays

Guys,

On a serious note (sorry!), I'm building my WM20 by collecting bits one at a time, having begun with a set of cases and misplaced optimism. I have a big parts hoard from an estate sale I got 4 years ago and have dozens of stays hanging on the wall grouped roughly by length. Most are Triumph and A65, but not all. None are sorted by part number.

What I need are photos and measurements of the WM20 stays. I may have some hanging about, and can modify others to suit. Needless to say, this is simpler if the lengths and configurations are known.

Would anyone be so kind as to sketch or photo and measure the front and rear stays, and post them on this site? I'm sure I'm not alone in this request. That would be big help!

Jeff Bandola

email (option): jjbandoo@aol.com

Re: Mudguard stays

Jeff, can you clarify which dimensions you want? I might be able to help when I get a moment, but all my mudguard stays are on the bike. I'm reasoning that you want dimensions and pictures of the stays off the bike. Would that be correct?

email (option): dannydefazio@sumpmagazine

Isn't it so that BSA stays of this period have a reinforcing 'fillet' inside the crimp ? It might help in narrowing the search down a bit.

Also the lower (rear) stay on the front mudguard has one leg strengthened by the addition of a second tube fitted over it, making it a larger diameter on one side. This is only found on WD M20s...Ian

Hi Jeff,

I have a pair of REAR mudguard vertical stays if you need them.

I have just drawn them on Autocad, and am making tooling to reproduce them. No worries mate, I've got what ya need this time. They are a piece of cake to do. I'll email the drawing(s) to you tomorrow or perhaps over the weekend. I'll make a PDF for you.

The tubing I have has a bit thicker wall than the original, but the OD is the same. I think it will be a bit sturdier with a thicker wall. The real strength is in the design. Tubing takes a bit more to bend than solid rod at certain wall thicknesses & diameters.

Cheers,

Robb

email (option): britool51@hotmail.com

The simplest solution would be dismounted stays organised by part number, location on the bike, and dimensions. Photos of the stays as installed will help.

The AJSMatchless yahoo list has hundreds of pages of sales brochures, how-to articles, magazine reprints and comprehensive parts manuals, all scanned and posted online for readers to use. Ours is a fine group of enthusiasts, and our machines are much simpler than the entire line of AMC product. We should post more info on the technical data section of this site. I'd like to photograph my engine build, with cut M21 flywheels, 85mm bore, welded up alloy head and ported intake tract with OS valve, as I progress and post it on the site. How does one go about doing this?

Jeff Bandola

email (option): jjbandoo@aol.com

Jeff, just send everything to Henk. He is the webmaster and will install it for us all to see. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Nieuwe pagina 1