Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Footrest Stud

Hi
I know the Footrest Stud is 1/2 inch but can someone please let me know the proper length of this stud?
Thanks alot.

email (option): brandon@screengraphics.co.za

Re: Footrest Stud

Hi Brandon,

The book says it should be 13-7/8 inches long, but mine measures 14-3/16 inches long, with about 1/8 inch protruding on each side beyond the nut. The ends are threaded 1/2-20 BSCY. If you make your own, you can thread to another standard as the nuts are just plain, nothing special.

The footrest spacers are 1.325 inches long (need two) and the corks are I believe 1/8 inch thick. You need two of those also.

I hope that helps. My bike is apart (again) so if you need anything else, please let me know.

Cheers,

Robb

email (option): britool51@hotmail.com

1/2"x20 tpi is a 'non standard' cycle thread...26 tpi being the standard pitch at that diameter. The best substitute at 1/2" diameter which is easy to get nuts for is UNF, also 20 tpi at 1/2" dia. Using this thread the nuts, however, will be a little smaller across the flats....Ian

Hi Ian,

OK, here I am busilly getting BSCY/CEI taps to clean up hardware, and you are using UNF, which I can get at the local hardware store. I find this a bit ironic. I'm also getting BSCY thread repair kits too.

How much do you guys fuss over fasteners?

I'm thinking of dropping by on Sunday for a cuppa and to check out your bike. I'll have to take the Commano as my M20 is a apart. Will you be home?

email (option): britool51@hotmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1