Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Magdyno Paint

I just removed the Magdyno for service/cleening, and had noticed small traces of green paint on it, but when i took it off, i saw the nice green preserved underside, were they delivered painted or painted at BSA assembly? Question is can i assume my bike was painted this same green? WM20 no 74450.
/Jerry

Photobucket

email (option): jerry.carlsson@sspa.se

Re: Magdyno Paint

Lucas magneto's (or magdyno's) were an ancillary component, similar to carburetters, etc, supplied to BSA by external suppliers.....when fitted at the factory, these items were usually left in the manufacturers finish......

In the case of magnetos and dynamos, these were either in a plated or bare-metal finish.....

During WW2 and post-war, many components, when subjected to a workshop overhaul, were sometimes refinished at a local level in a military colour scheme...such as khaki, green, etc....thus the actual finish found on a magneto may not reflect the colour found on the remainder of the bike to which fitted...

Hi all

Where can i get those magneto studs on the bottom of the mag in the photo

Only 2 on mine

Many thanks

Jo'b

email (option): Jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Hi John,
The original M20 magneto didn't have threaded holes in the bottom, but holes with a pressed in dowel,
So for an original magneto you can have one easily named with a lathe.

Noam.

email (option): noam10@gmail.com

If anyone needs the dowels for the bottom of the magneto you will find Harley Davidson 1/4 bearings fit nicely in there, if anyone needs any, please email me and I'll send a set of 4 via a stamped addressed envelope for free

email (option): davmax@ntlworld.com

Nieuwe pagina 1