Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Russell motors

Does anyone here know what happened to the Russell Motors website? It is no longer available.

Regards,
Leon

email (option): leonhop3@planet.nl

Re: Russell motors

I expect that they got fed up dealing with bloody foreigners !

There are all too many UK niche suppliers with no or irregularly updated websites. Even the mighty Ark Motorcycles doesn't have a site !

There ain't enough hours in the day... Ian

Perhaps someone hasn't paid the bill?
I noticed a couple of weeks back that it was gone, then it came up again, now gone again.

Well Les is not computer literate! His retired brother Jeff runs a computer, but I don't think he's that interested anymore. The best you can hope with Les is to send a FAX with any query, which he will deal with when he gets round to it. I get on OK with Les and I'm happy to phone him with a query, but I don't want him to get fed up with the sound of my voice if I don't order anything. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

I would like to know if they have a 66-9068 the rear wheel spanner thing to get at those 3 nuts..if anyone calls..

email (option): kit247@hotmail.com

Re: Russell motors, still going!

Hi all, just had a yarn with Les, everything OK. In his words "Too f*****g busy to do anything with the f*****g
website, its so out of date I've shut the f*****g thing down." He will resurrect it when he has time,
Fax or write to him, he is about a week behind.
Sorry Kit no wheel spanner things left. I might have a spare, I'm now sorting out the toy cupboard, I'll let you know if I find one.
Cheers, Mick.

email (option): mick@motorbikemike.org.uk

Websites, such as the one for Russell's, are pretty useless nowadays....much of their once-plentiful, comprehensive stock is now gone or down to small quantities, therefore the good old phone call and/or fax is really the best system with them. Anyone running a website needs time spent on it to maintain stock levels, not really possible with the Russell's business nowadays...

The business is now really a one-man band, with Les running everything old-bike wise and if you've ever spent any time in the place there are usually piles of sorted parts for mail-order across the floor and the phone NEVER stops ringing !!! One person clearly cannot deal with everything so the frequent response is "I'll have a look and call me back next week".....

To his credit, Les has a pretty good knowledge of what he may have, or not have available and a great deal of stock is not held at the shop....he tends to make lists of requests and then deals with them when away from the shop at the warehouse....he is quite reliable though, and rarely forgets any request or order, though it's important to be patient whilst he sources the exclusive item(s) required....

Hey Steve, might be the sort of job to suit you after you retire?
mICK.

email (option): mick@motorbikemike.org.uk

Yeh Steve. Get yourself a proper job Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Ha ! I have a challenging job you know !! On some (rare) occasions I even have to put my coffee down...!!!!

I doubt if Russell's will be there when I retire in 5 years time...shame, my lump sum will have to be spent elsewhere (Vee's no doubt already formulated plans for this :o( !!!!)......

Nieuwe pagina 1