Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
From the Normandy Battlefronts

Here is a centre photo spread of the invasion forces inland at Normandy. This is Specially for those who go over for the D-Day commemoration.

Photobucket

Photobucket

And a High Res scan of the centre panel

Photobucket

email (option): stinkypete80@hotmail.com

Re: From the Normandy Battlefronts

Thank you so much for these! Over here (the States)anyone younger than 50 has no idea of what happened on Dec 7, 1941, nor do have they ever heard of D-Day, the Nazis, concentration camps etc.... Sad but true.

email (option): britool51@hotmail.com

Last week I had the privilege to tell the kids in the primary school of my grandson about WW2; I started with a photo of me at age 9, like my grandson now. Then the front page of the newspaper May 10, 1940 when the Germans invaded us, and bombed the heart out of Rotterdam. I showed them underground newspapers, the yellow Jew star that my Jewish friends in class had to wear, the distribution tickets, all mementos from those dark years.
Two hours, then half an hour questions, lots of questions and the teacher told me that she NEVER saw them so interested.
Lest we forget....

email (option): viaconsu # planet dot nl

Hans I'm sure you really enjoyed it, when we did the 65th I raised about £250 for my childrens school, they asked me to give a talk about D-Day to the 7 year olds, why I was going, what was close by etc, they all knew the chicken farm at the end of the village but had no idea it was an airfield, I took in a helmet or two, few other items and they loved it. I was given a very nice thank you card and found the whole experience really great, meant alot to me as I'm sure it did you.

email (option): kit247@hotmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1